Cowboy Bebop...the movie...live action

Started by ShadowPred, Jul 23, 2008, 09:59:19 PM

Author
Cowboy Bebop...the movie...live action (Read 10,662 times)

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: Tundro on Aug 01, 2008, 02:13:34 AM
Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Aug 01, 2008, 02:09:44 AM
I'm still looking forward to Akira. :)

Akira is the first great Anime classic.  NO ANIME LIVE ACTION MOVIES EVER!!!!!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Yeah well, I'm not an avid anime fan, I just liked Akira. I wanna see how it'll turn out.

Tundro

I will most likely bomb financialy and with the fans.  However I could be wrong.  We'll all just have to wait and see.

But seriously though, No Cowboy Bebop.  As a fan of the show, this does not bode well.

Eidotemit

I think it will be a huge bomb. The only way it wont be is if it is given a huge budget and some fantastic visual effects so that the people who have never heard of it will come see it for that.

The fans wont want to see it because its live action. People who aren't fans wont want to see it becuase of it has the awkward and laughable name of "Cowboy Bebop." Also, I don't think Reeve's is much help drawing people in either.

Tundro

Quote from: Eidotemit on Aug 01, 2008, 02:26:02 AM
I think it will be a huge bomb. The only way it wont be is if it is given a huge budget and some fantastic visual effects so that the people who have never heard of it will come see it for that.

The fans wont want to see it because its live action. People who aren't fans wont want to see it becuase of it has the awkward and laughable name of "Cowboy Bebop." Also, I don't think Reeve's is much help drawing people in either.

I like the way you think.  We both seem to be on the same page.  And Reeve's, his career ended after the first Matrix.  Personal opinion by the way.

wolfboy22

This movie does have the potential to be great but I think theyre making a hugh mistake with Keanu. He may look like Spike a little but that doesnt mean he will pull it off.

Scarface Predator

Live action film based off an anime is a bad idea.They should have make a mid sequel to the anime.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

The last movie they made was good, but a bit underwhelming as a movie.

I think a prequel would be the way to go.

The story of Spike leaving the syndicate is prime for a movie though. Theres the backstory of Spike and Vicious as friends working together, the life of crime, the love triangle with Julia, a lot of action, drama and best of all, the break and Spike and Vicious and the start of their rivalry.

Scarface Predator

Quote from: Eidotemit on Aug 02, 2008, 02:25:29 AM
I think a prequel would be the way to go. The last movie they made was good, but a bit underwhelming as a movie. The story of Spike leaving the syndicate is prime for a movie though. Theres the backstory of Spike and Vicious as friends working together, the life of crime, the love triangle, a lot of action, drama and best of all, the break and Spike and Vicious and the start of their rivalry.
Thats right, its more interesting. Instead of that, we get a live action movie. A live action could work, if a tralier is show.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Mickey Rourke would be a good Jet Black.

severen76

Nope, this shouldn't happen. I'm hoping that with how old this info is that the project dead.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Reeves was talking about the movie after The Day that The Earth told still cameout.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-17/keanu-reeves-hopes-to-star-in-live-action-cowboy-bebop

severen76

....But he's a terrible actor with no charisma. He can't be Spike.

Eidotemit

Unless they're moving the storyline in a new direction where spike is wooden and awkward, rather than charismatic and suave.

Deathbearer

Hollywood is ruining f**king everything..

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Steve Blum should play as him and gust give a makeover then it will be perfect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed