J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens

Started by felix, Sep 16, 2019, 05:18:33 AM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens (Read 58,321 times)

Nightmare Asylum

This is gonna wind up beating that 40th Anniversary art book at this rate. :D

Perfect-Organism

Is this book actually any good?  By that I mean new photos?  Concept drawings?  Stuff never seen before?

Mr. Clemens

Rinzler's books are always off-the-chart information-wise, but I have to admit his ALIEN book didn't contain a lot of visual information I hadn't seen before.

I'd still highly recommend this based on his prior books alone, even though I'm not gonna buy it, because this film doesn't really mean nearly as much to me as the original. 'Superior Firepower' will do the trick for me...

j0nesy

j0nesy

p-o: i think it's the most definitive behind the scenes source for the 1979 film, for sure

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 29, 2020, 08:55:26 PM
Is this book actually any good?  By that I mean new photos?  Concept drawings?  Stuff never seen before?

Wont know until it comes out. The first book had a bunch of lesser-seen Polaroids from Giger's diary which was a nice treat, since that's a pricey tome. But if Alien is anything to go by, this is a must buy. The thoroughness is going to be off the charts. Really looking forward to finding out which performers were inside the Alien suits in a given scene.

Elmazalman

The smaller page count is disappointing. I'll still get a copy. ALIENS isn't as near and dear to me as the original film.

It'll make a nice companion piece to the ALIEN volume.

FatStu

FatStu

Got this on pre order. Can't wait.

Prez

Prez

Missus has pre-ordered for me (was my birthday present suggestion to her. She jokingly argued that at $56 it was $51 over her budget ... HAHAHA).

Given current the global pandemic and also it affecting worldwide shipping I hope it gets here in time for mid November.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think my review copy is being delivered today. Will confirm later. But regardless, I'm really frigging looking forward to it!

Yep! Been delivered!  ;D

j0nesy

j0nesy

so excited for you, hicks! can't wait to hear what you think  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finished reading through the RPG corebook completely so my sights are now on Making of Aliens! I read through the first chapter last night/this morning and I'm already really please. Some good pre-Aliens setup with Jim, Gale and Bill, but also, and this is one of those "what new stuff can you possibly show me?" moments.

Remember the document that Hill and Giler handed Cameron after their meeting, where "some bullshit happens"? Rinzler actually dug that up! It's not the full 5 page in here, but the one page synopsis. And it's pretty interesting, in that "I'm glad this didn't happen" kind of way.

Spoiler
They discover that the Aliens are the anti-life force, and somehow discover a way within the Derelict to make the Aliens implode. LV-426 had been properly terraformed and was a farming colony. Lots of time inside the Derelict. They can't nuke the planet in case all the eggs fly off and infect the universe...
[close]

Which was actually something from one of those could-have-been Alien 2s in the official magazine.

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

That sounds so stupid

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2020, 07:16:20 AM
Spoiler
They discover that the Aliens are the anti-life force, and somehow discover a way within the Derelict to make the Aliens implode. LV-426 had been properly terraformed and was a farming colony. Lots of time inside the Derelict. They can't nuke the planet in case all the eggs fly off and infect the universe...
[close]

Maybe that's how the egg got on the Sulaco? Either via the Atmo-Nebraskaplosion or Ripley nuking the joint from orbit?  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 18, 2020, 06:04:29 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2020, 07:16:20 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Maybe that's how the egg got on the Sulaco? Either via the Atmo-Nebraskaplosion or Ripley nuking the joint from orbit?  ;D

Hee hee hee... :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed