Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 112,854 times)

Kradan

Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 09, 2019, 12:39:24 PM
You know, that's great and all, but we need AVP3!!! <333

Oh yes, no doubts. In future. In space. Marines are optional.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 09, 2019, 12:40:39 PM

I would prefer me some marines. Let the Aliens and Predators work for their kills this time and make the humans a real armed and competent challenge.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 08, 2019, 05:52:00 PM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Feb 08, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 08, 2019, 04:53:15 PM
Let Newt and Ripley Rest In Peace.

Go ahead and let Blomkamp make one, but go with his earlier idea that didn't involve Ripley.

Let's not forget that "Prometheus" started out as a remake of "ALIEN" with Carl Rinsch in the Director's chair.

THE PREDATOR (2018) almost had a time travelling Ripley and Newt.

Yes just make new characters already but make them have interesting backstories and motivations.

Not some whining hipster whose Chad boyfriend was toasted during hypersleep and crying she can't make log cabins on some alien planet.

I thought Carl Rinsch's movie was going to be a prequel.

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Feb 08, 2019, 06:01:00 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 08, 2019, 05:52:00 PMI thought Carl Rinsch's movie was going to be a prequel.

Full news from 2009 as to whether it was originally to be a remake or prequel found here.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&ei=8cJdXOHxKtib1fAP9K6v0AY&q=Carl+Rinsch+alien+remake&oq=Carl+Rinsch+alien+remake&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1100.3005..3598...0.0..0.178.1542.6j7......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i67j0i20i263j0j0i22i30j33i160j33i22i29i30j33i21.BQbVOOPhUlw

I'd say the backlash made them think twice, but as I have always maintained Ridley Scott did say as far back as late 70s he wanted an ALIEN remake to expand on a more "telling" version of ALIEN with "alien" pyramids, temples, space jockeys and chariot of the gods style stuff.

We got that in Prometheus.............sort of.

Honestly, I think that was just some unclarity in the information. It seems that Carl was attached to direct what would have been Alien: Engineers.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2019, 11:51:04 PM
This could simply be another Tim Miller situation, where James Cameron and David Fincher lobbied Fox to get another dead project revived and made: Tim Miller's Deadpool.

Jim could now be doing the exact same thing for Neill Blomkamp, and that will be the extent of it.

I imagine that's exactly what it's going to be like. With Avatar, I think Cameron might have more political capital to bargain with than Scott does and I think he's far more receptive to the idea of Alien 3.2 than Scott will ever be. Scott always sounds so dismissive and uninformed about the sequels (Aliens used CGI, you know?).

I'm still uncertain about the whole retcon angle and Cameron isn't exactly a sure bet either (his Genesys endorsement, anyone) but I'd be more confident in Cameron on as a producer.

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 12:52:05 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 09, 2019, 12:40:39 PM

I would prefer me some marines. Let the Aliens and Predators work for their kills this time and make the humans a real armed and competent challenge.

Amen! I'm still dying for a proper Alien vs. Predator!

Necronomicon II

Perfect-Organism

CelticP

Halloween H40 changed my mind a bit about this project. Honestly, bring it on. I wouldn't kind seeing Weaver kick ass one more time, and I love Neil Blomkamp. I love Alien 3 too, but this movie isn't going to erase it. It's not like after Halloween h40 I'm not allowed to watch Halloween 2 or other Halloween 2. Canon is a construct and doesn't matter honestly. Just tell good ass stories.

Russ

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 05:28:29 AM

There was this one story.... ;D

Last week, he had this guy in here that burned his Afghan. He screwed it first and then he set it on fire.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Russ on Feb 09, 2019, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 05:28:29 AM

There was this one story.... ;D

Last week, he had this guy in here that burned his Afghan. He screwed it first and then he set it on fire.

Hal, shut up.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CelticP on Feb 09, 2019, 05:37:09 PM
Halloween H40 changed my mind a bit about this project. Honestly, bring it on. I wouldn't kind seeing Weaver kick ass one more time, and I love Neil Blomkamp. I love Alien 3 too, but this movie isn't going to erase it. It's not like after Halloween h40 I'm not allowed to watch Halloween 2 or other Halloween 2. Canon is a construct and doesn't matter honestly. Just tell good ass stories.

That's the spirit.  Honestly, I love Alien 3 as well, and I find myself watching it more often than I would have figured.  I would love to see a comic which continues after Alien 3, maybe featuring Morse.  But seeing a film continue after where Aliens left off with the main characters will be gangbusters  ;) especially if James Cameron is involved!

Mr. Clemens

I treasure Alien3 and consider the first three films to be the 'real' trilogy, but I'm softening to the idea of this film, if it has style and integrity. Has Carrie Henn expressed any interest in returning, even in a cameo role? I wouldn't like to see her replaced by some 'action-babe-of-the-week'.

Perfect-Organism

Wasn't there some artwork which featured Carrie Henn a few years ago?  It looked great.  I also would think that despite it being a role opportunity of a lifetime, it should be played by Carrie Henn.  This is a nostalgia piece like the new Halloween film.  Let it be true to itself.  Let it take place 30 years after the events of Aliens.

The Old One

The Old One

If this film gets made, the most I can hope for is perhaps not cast a trash tier actress like JLaw to be Newt, although then perhaps we wouldn't at least have to suffer through multiple sequels where Newt's the protagonist.

Perfect-Organism

The Old One

The Old One

Doubt it, not with Neill Blomkamp at the helm. Even District 9, his best film is infantile filmmaking in comparison to Ridley Scott, James Cameron and David Fincher.
But who knows, rabbits have to come out of hats every so often.

Necronomicon II

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed