Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Jan 19, 2023, 10:42:22 PM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw (Read 41,789 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just read through the first issue. Looks like this is only going to be a 5 issue run. I enjoyed it. It did feel a little rushed at times, and felt like certain character attitudes could have done with some further lead in but we'll see where the rest of the run goes with that.

I know I said the colouring felt a little comic earlier - and it still does - but I dig it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I get the idea the Aliens are going to be
Spoiler
hunting down that facehugger back.
[close]
Especially with the page talking about family. I'm really curious to see where that goes.

And seems very obvious this series is in the continuity with PJK's series too.

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2023, 09:08:19 AMJust read through the first issue. Looks like this is only going to be a 5 issue run. I enjoyed it. It did feel a little rushed at times, and felt like certain character attitudes could have done with some further lead in but we'll see where the rest of the run goes with that.

I know I said the colouring felt a little comic earlier - and it still does - but I dig it.

I don't know about anyway, but I get the idea the Aliens are going to be
Spoiler
hunting down that facehugger back.
[close]
Especially with the page talking about family. I'm really curious to see where that goes.

And seems very obvious this series is in the continuity with PJK's series too.

I liked it, too. The five issue format is working for me. Just like The Preserve, it gives us longer issues. I havent done a page count comparison but they feel longer.

Still Collating...

I believe 6 issues are perfect, but I'll see how this story pans out.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: JDrums on Apr 26, 2023, 06:00:25 AM

Did you notice that the regular cover of the first issue now has the "20th century studios" banner and Marvel is listed as "in association with"?
yes marvel created a imprint for there 20th century studio titles. this imprint started with planet of the apes #1 

Chieftain Suom

Antarctica Traffic Control, we have a
Spoiler
drinking bird!!
[close]

Sabres21768

Ok...I'm actually digging this story.

And it was WAY cool to see the
Spoiler
Wey-Yu Commandos!
[close]

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 26, 2023, 03:00:46 PMOk...I'm actually digging this story.

And it was WAY cool to see the
Spoiler
Wey-Yu Commandos!
[close]

Yes! Also.. Just gimme some cornbread and a laser scalpel and I'll be happy haha

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2023, 09:08:19 AMAnd seems very obvious this series is in the continuity with PJK's series too.

This right here, just killed 90% of my enthusiasm :-/

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 26, 2023, 04:51:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2023, 09:08:19 AMAnd seems very obvious this series is in the continuity with PJK's series too.

It's only a very minor connection so far that might not turn into anything substantial. We'll have to see where it goes. The solicitations don't really allude to this connection so I can't imagine it will get too involved.

judge death

PJK´s alien lore is a mess and full of: we do stuff with the xenos but we wont ever explain why the xenos behave like this or why they are so different and things, just making it up as we go, mindset.

Chieftain Suom

It's PKJ, btw.

I mean.. yeah.. Icarus was.. a mess haha but this series is starting off strong with some great art and dark colors and shadows, which I feel the franchise has been missing.. also some great references within. I say check out Thaw #1 for sure.

Engineer

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Apr 26, 2023, 05:04:34 PM

It's only a very minor connection so far that might not turn into anything substantial. We'll have to see where it goes. The solicitations don't really allude to this connection so I can't imagine it will get too involved.

I was hoping they'd make 0 references and pretend PKJs stuff never happened. A minor reference, even if it doesn't go anywhere this time, in my mind it means they (marvel/20th century studios) don't plan on ignoring PKJs stuff forever. Total letdown...

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 26, 2023, 07:49:53 PM

I was hoping they'd make 0 references and pretend PKJs stuff never happened. A minor reference, even if it doesn't go anywhere this time, in my mind it means they (marvel/20th century studios) don't plan on ignoring PKJs stuff forever. Total letdown...

Fair judgement. I was hoping the same, too.. but it is what it is

TilotnyWorshiper28

anyways this first issue was great

that was never gunna happen they wanna make a continuity with there runs on alien like how each run of say Star Wars or there actual superhero inform the new one.

Anyway this first issue was pretty great

Engineer

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Apr 26, 2023, 10:19:15 PM

anyways this first issue was great

that was never gunna happen they wanna make a continuity with there runs on alien like how each run of say Star Wars or there actual superhero inform the new one.

Anyway this first issue was pretty great

One can hope.
This was their chance to correct the mistake of letting PKJ write for alien... but they missed out 🤷

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed