Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 36,370 times)

Ultramorph

Blomkamp just shared a pic of a pulse rifle prop of Instagram.
https://instagram.com/p/83mcFbqhBk/

Darkness

What's RIS stand for?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM
Blomkamp just shared a pic of a pulse rifle prop of Instagram.
https://instagram.com/p/83mcFbqhBk/

Reading his comment about "We all knew there obviously would be pulse rifles but now with the added RIS!" seems to indicate that more and more, this is going to be shaping up to be an alternate Alien 3. I mean, post Resurrection era, wouldn't pulse rifles be.. out-dated and no longer manufactured?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 15, 2015, 06:57:20 PM
What's RIS stand for?

Rail Intergration System?

(Also Rail Interface System)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_Integration_System

Hmmm, Range Image Scope and Rail Integration System could both make sense.  If you consider how Ripley totally bad-assed her rifle before she confronted the queen, it would stand to reason that an even more over-done approach to expanding the pulse-rifle could be in the works.

Also, check out how Den Beauvais expanded the pulse-rifle at the end of Aliens: Book Two from Dark Horse below.  Perhaps Blomkamp is trying to avoid this sort of scenario, or he is looking to expand on it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qMdqOS_FCy4/T_Ckju_asAI/AAAAAAAAL7A/wBpJ6jpxHxA/s1600/alien1.jpg

TS

TS

Usually it's a bad sign when a director starts talking about weapons for an Alien movie...just saying.look at the Andersons and Strausse Bros...

Xenomorphine

Reasonable update (the weapon upgrading system was one of the few things 'Colonial Marines' game seemed to get right). The colour scheme looks authentic. Can anyone familiar with the props identify any obvious differences to the original versions?

Just hope the famous sound they make is replicated accurately. :)

Biggles

Sigh. Why mess with a classic? The video games went down this route as well. Why would they go back to picatinny rails and chunky late 20th century red dot optics, having clearly abandoned them sometime prior to Aliens?

Samus007

Looks freaking perfect to me and is exactly what i was hoping to see regarding the weapons to this upcoming movie. I don't want them to change all that much from Cameron's Aliens. And to see that is hasn't changed much just reflects what Neill has said in just about every interview he has given regarding Alien V, which is that this is a direct continuation of Aliens.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Samus007 on Oct 15, 2015, 07:55:11 PM
Looks freaking perfect to me and is exactly what i was hoping to see regarding the weapons to this upcoming movie. I don't want them to change all that much from Cameron's Aliens. And to see that is hasn't changed much just reflects what Neill has said in just about every interview he has given regarding Alien V, which is that this is a direct continuation of Aliens.

This.

I hope we also see a SLIGHTLY upgradets APC and Dropship.  No need to re-invent the wheel here.  Just take the same concept and maybe add something to it or change the graphics.  I'm getting excited on multiple fronts here!

Obiwan Kowalski

Obiwan Kowalski

Ditch the rail system.  It totally looks out of place.

Biggles

Agreed. Fundamentally it hasn't changed, but that just makes these accessories all the more pointless.

I know it's not a big deal, but to me as an Aliens & gun nerd, it's like spinning rims on the Millennium Falcon.

Samus007

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 15, 2015, 08:01:00 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Oct 15, 2015, 07:55:11 PM

This.

I hope we also see a SLIGHTLY upgradets APC and Dropship.  No need to re-invent the wheel here.  Just take the same concept and maybe add something to it or change the graphics.  I'm getting excited on multiple fronts here!

Yep exactly, no need to reinvent the wheel at all. Few tweaks here and there and carry on. I want a great story with the visuals of 1 and 2 to go along with it. (And a great epic soundtrack too would be nice :) ).

Biggles

This is the optic;

http://www.sightmark.com/sm14000.html

If they can just get WETA or whoever to design a genuinely futuristic sight for it, I'll be happy enough.

And yes, I realise I'm tilting at space windmills here, but this is where my job and my nerdlife intersect, so I'm passionate about it.

darkxephiroth

darkxephiroth

i dont like it bc it docent look sci-fi anymore it just looks like something out of the real world.

Vrastal

BOOOOOOOOOOO this isnt call of duty

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed