Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by TheBATMAN - Today at 08:29:07 AM
Are you finished?
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus connections ...
Last post by Scott Conover - Today at 08:18:47 AM
Real ones know Ends is where it's at. By far the best Halloween movie since 82.
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 08:07:17 AM

"Treat a queen like a whore and a whore like a queen..."
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Author Steve Perry Talks O...
Last post by Neila - Today at 07:55:30 AM

Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 09:36:32 PM
Quote from: Neila on Yesterday at 11:43:32 AMI understand, so he wasn't commissioned to write a novel. I don't know how it usually works. So whether a studio commissions someone to write a novel or whether the author asks for it.
If he is the inventor of the word Yautja, that was a very long time ago and was therefore generally recognized.
As a fan I have to accept it or ignore it.
He was commissioned to write a novel. He was not put in charge of Predators. He was not asked to come up with a name for them - just the opposite. He has no particular authority.

Quote from: Wysps on Yesterday at 03:34:05 PMThe term exists, but I don't necessarily think that any Predator media is obliged to use it.  I think it could be easily replaced by another word, especially in the movies where no character has ever been impressed to actually name them (besides calling them predators, hunters, etc.)
I would actually be interested to see to what extent the studio addresses such situations.
As far as I know, Yautja don't appear in any films. (?)
If the Predator universe is expanded, it could be that they want to introduce the correct name at some point.
Will the studio then say, OK, we have the novels that already have that name in them, so let's just use it, or will something completely new come along and cancel the whole thing, so to speak.
something similar could happen in the Alien universe and that already happened with the prequels
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 07:22:15 AM
We're on daylight savings time now.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Mike’s Monsters - Today at 06:29:44 AM
If all goes well, I'm hoping to have it up in the afternoon/evening Pacific Standard Time on Friday.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 05:16:05 AM
Me only just now realizing that the recast Donna was Nala in The Lion King.  :o   :laugh:
Last post by Kradan - Today at 04:43:47 AM
Mommy !
Music / Re: What song is stuck in your...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 04:41:23 AM
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Kradan - Today at 04:40:33 AM
WASH YOUR HANDS !!!  >:(
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed