Speculations on Environments

Started by acrediblesource, Mar 09, 2021, 08:23:08 PM

Author
Speculations on Environments (Read 3,699 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

The Canon Wars just find a way to return. It's inevitable.

BlueMarsalis79

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 15, 2021, 03:29:00 PM
Mfw the thread went from speculating the levels to debating canon and designs

I know I didn't mean too, its just frustrating to see the levels fall under the design Covenant went through. After playing Isolation and amazing work they put in on the Derelict level, it was just sad to see the downgrade from what it seems in the game.  Its speculations on environments after all so perhaps they could have the HR Giger deeper in the level.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 15, 2021, 06:24:24 PM
I'm not saying it ought to belong only to the Alien, but certainly not to the Engineers in their human incarnation, that demystifies it even more in my opinion.

I would ask more on that opinion but everyone is getting nippy on the "canon wars" or whatever they are talking about so its whatever at this point.

BlueMarsalis79

Basically they're humans so giving it to them sucks more than it being something distinct from their culture they use.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 16, 2021, 12:10:59 AM
I would ask more on that opinion but everyone is getting nippy on the "canon wars" or whatever they are talking about so its whatever at this point.

I believe it's less nippy and more just a running joke, spawned from the hundreds of thread pages used up here arguing about canon.  :)

BlueMarsalis79

I hope it progresses becoming more biomechanical the farther you go underground.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

i  hope they pay tribute to the works of HR Giger.... does any one know who i'm talking about?   I know his works is small potatoes. But if you be a potatoe in online gaming, its possible you dont know. He might have made a logo here and there , a logo in graphical designs. You know like Fonts and shit? You know like repeating patterns on wallpapers in windows 2000?

426Buddy

426Buddy

They should just pay his estate and full on use his genius for this franchise again. But alas..

razeak

razeak

Wait, is there a problem with his estate and using the classic design?

426Buddy

426Buddy

No I'm just talking about using his work in general, not restricted to just what he created specifically for the first film.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

If they simply add lore/art associated with the franchise as collectible models or part of the scenery then i would applaude the art director. Someone with half a brain would have fundamentally understood that this franchise sees alot of attention when they hear/see Giger's work is either in it or at least been inspired by his work.

If Cold Iron STudios misses this opportunity to do it, then i would lose all hope in that studio.  From all the footage we've seen so far it would appear they are headed in the right direction.

razeak

razeak

I wonder if there are boss fights? Or if there are any unreleased enemies?

Kailem

Kailem

Well I can't imagine the Queen they've already shown in the trailer won't be a boss fight. And given that they've said there are some 20-something enemy types I'm sure there's still plenty we haven't seen yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed