Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 77,141 times)

ScardyFox

Quote from: Jumbik on Mar 08, 2010, 10:27:45 PM
Died out? WTF man ... Im playing a MP match under a half of a minute.

PC version in Europe here.

Died out ... duh.
::)

Satsu Ryu

Quote from: Jumbik on Mar 08, 2010, 10:27:45 PM
PC version in Europe here.
Well, that's your problem right there. I keep hearing that it's easier to play MP on PC than on consoles since those who have consoles probably have better games to play i.e. MW2 and BC2.

I don't go online a lot so it doesn't bother me that it takes a bit to find a game. But what does bother me is the small games that I participate in. Again, it's the console factor. Wish my laptop was strong enough to play AvP. :(

Jumbik

Oh man you are so wrong...

Me the only one having fun? It's midnight here so a lot of people is already not playing and just for a test Ive run a quick match now to test how long it will take to find a game...

It took 3 F..... seconds.

shakermakerman

i may have to film me trying to find a game and stick it on youtube.

ScardyFox

Gotta love the people who start talking about how awesome thing are when there has been a weeks worth of daily vitriol of how trashy this lazy game is. Guess people can't see the myriad of topics talking about how shitty this incomplete game is.

Man, where can I get me a pair of rose-tinted glasses?

Jumbik

Quote from: shakermakerman on Mar 08, 2010, 10:39:51 PM
i may have to film me trying to find a game and stick it on youtube.

Then I will have to do the same how Im able to play in few seconds...

Jumbik

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 08, 2010, 10:42:16 PM
Gotta love the people who start talking about how awesome thing are when there has been a weeks worth of daily vitriol of how trashy this lazy game is. Guess people can't see the myriad of topics talking about how shitty this incomplete game is.

Where exactly Im stating that this game is great? It's not the best game I've played but I do enjoy it. I will not defend it because I would not give it much credit too ... 7/10 max.

The only thing Im saying is that this game is not dying in any way. At least on PC it's not.

Brother

Quote from: Developers' reaction
We sold a million copies, who cares.

MadassAlex

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 08, 2010, 10:42:16 PM

They came with your copy of AvP2.

JUPITER-8

I'm still having loads of fun, by the way. Also, comparing CoD to AVP3 is like comparing apples to oranges.

One is your typical American action game (T.A.A.G.) with lovingly affording you a metric f^^k-ton of unrealistic Hollywood-style action and a fan base that competes with that of Jesus Christ. The other is a Science Fiction horror game that although isn't perfect, has only been out for less than a month. 

spinksy

Quote from: Jumbik on Mar 08, 2010, 10:38:31 PM

Me the only one having fun? It's midnight here so a lot of people is already not playing and just for a test Ive run a quick match now to test how long it will take to find a game...

lol - people seem to hate people who arnt struggleing to find games or who are enjoying this game.

I'm on 360 in UK - finding games within 20 seconds and loving the game!

Le Celticant

Quote from: spinksy on Mar 09, 2010, 12:08:50 AM

lol - people seem to hate people who arnt struggleing to find games or who are enjoying this game.

I don't hate you.
Fail.

spinksy

spinksy

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 09, 2010, 12:10:34 AM
Quote from: spinksy on Mar 09, 2010, 12:08:50 AM

I don't hate you.
Fail.

wasnt purely aimed at you.........

and lets be honest here - the game has sold loads - nearly a million units if I'm correct - word of mouth is fast so if people wernt enjoying this game people would stop buying it - simple as, (the game has a few minor problems - disc etc) but I know many people who have bought this and are enjoying the hell out of it, I play it every night on my xbox and always have fun, just because a few people (namely fans on here) arnt getting on with it for one reason or another you think everyone should hate it.....sad

and I'm not pointing that at everyone here - just a few who constantly spam the forum with the exact same posts...........

WarriorRidged

WarriorRidged

I do like the game and have been enjoying multiplayer but I'm not sure how much longevity it will have.

I find the lack of maps so frustrating.  I think generally people who play these games are more Alien franchise fans than Predator, so it's bewildering that there isn't even a HIVE or LV-426 type map in multiplayer.  The original AVP 1999 game had some incredible maps, and to a lesser extent so did AVP 2.

The lack of a mini gun or a grenade launcher is also a big WTF?!  Hand grenades would be a nice touch to?

Unfortunately in regards to the maps a lot of this is down to FOX seeing AVP and the original Pred and Alien franchises as seperate.  For example: I remember the boneship, hive, and industrial maps in the original AVP = *drools*, they actually looked like maps out of the movies, you also had stuff like a perfect recreation of Hadley's Hope in the single player, APC's, movie realistic smartguns.

Now we're reduced to temples, jungles, and ruins..........???????  It's no coincidence, an AVP game post AVP movie 2004 is like this, and the original AVP 1 & 2 were much more in line with the Alien films.  None of this thought of this, as we waited for the game with high expectations.

I think the best Alien fans can really hope for is what the Colonial Marines game can offer us, with it being able to use the Alien franchise and all its trademarks.  I hope and pray this game comes out soon!!

I truly hope Rebellion release a patch adding more maps, weapons, skins - and address the balance issues.  Then they'd have much more satisfied customers.

Robotchicken

funny, i can find an 18 player game on whatever gamemode and map i want in less than 20 seconds with the dedicated servers

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed