Starship Troopers

Started by Darkness, Feb 25, 2007, 07:25:23 PM

Author
Starship Troopers (Read 7,458 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 09, 2017, 05:00:20 AMThey could make the exact same movie just without the satire.

Why? The satire is one of things that makes the original so special.

Taking that out would be no different to how they gutted Total Recall and RoboCop for their remakes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's a difference in the style of source material, though. There's been like 3 adaptations of the book so far. Don't think of it as a redo of the movie, it's just another go at the book.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that's fine.

I was querying why Scorpio thought it would be a good idea to "make the exact same movie" but with the thing that made it special removed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ah, right. Sorry, I missed that. Yeah, that'd just be daft and wouldn't work but Scorpio is somewhat of a troll so it's unlikely he genuinely meant that.

Elliott

Elliott

Firing this topic back up with a bit of speculation;

Has anyone else noticed the influx of Starship Troopers related material? Two new games revealed this year alone, one released and the other slated for 2023, Terran Command and Extermination.

There's also some news flaring up about Casper Van Dien personally speaking with Sony Pictures for an episodic series similar to The Mandalorian, allegedly employing the same technology used to film that series known as "The Volume."

Also separate rumors of a remake are making their rounds recently again.

Could we finally be getting a new entry to this universe that isn't cheese-ball straight to DVD films or animated schlockfests?

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I hope so!

Lord knows there's a lot of political commentary that could be made based on the past few years alone, as well as there still being an interest in sci-fi reboots, remakes, and spin-offs.

I personally would love to get back into the Starship Troopers universe, especially if it's a legitimately good series helmed by a producer/director with creative merit!

Stitch

Stitch

Denis Villeneuve's Starship Troopers

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The quietness on the reboot has been a disappointment for me. Really was hoping this bump in the topic was going to be news on that front!  :laugh: I really wasn't keen on RR's work on Boba Fett so his involvement in a Troopers show isn't that appealing to me, but that was a tidbit I'd missed! I'd be aboard a Troopers show. There's so much legs left in the franchise - whether they follow the cinematic universe, or do a faithful reboot.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I just dropped by this thread to say this movie slaps so f*cking hard.

Love it to death.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed