Help identifying promotional merchandise

Started by shark_jumper, Jun 18, 2015, 12:55:22 AM

Author
Help identifying promotional merchandise (Read 336 times)

shark_jumper

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for it but thought it was worth a try. 

I've been going through my collection of movie memorabilia and I came across a piece I acquired when I worked in a cinema (in Australia) back in the 90's. 

It's a counter-top standee, measures about 45 x 30cm and the "Alien 3" part is a relief that sits about 5mm off the back card.  The back has a fold out stand so it can sit on the counter.  The design indicates that it was from very early in the advertising of the movie before any final designs had been made.  Text is blue on a black background.  Can't seem to post a picture on mobile (tried, it may or may not work) but I can post one when I get home.

I'm not looking to sell it, more along the lines of wondering if it's worth holding on to.  Naturally I'm wondering if it's worth anything. 

I've been trying to find some information on it (like the release date, countries it was released in, etc) .  Been Googling all sorts of word combinations to describe it and for the life of me cannot find anything resembling it.  A reverse image search gives me links to a press kit but it's not from that.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about it I'd be interested in hearing from them. 

Cheers.

Mr. Domino

I'd imagine it's worth holding onto as a curiosity, but as far as any intrinsic market value, I can't say for certain, but I've seen similarly esoteric items related to the franchise usually sitting at the $3-$9 mark in buy it nows on ebay - so usually, this kind of stuff's not super easy to come by, but also not tremendously valuable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed