User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alien/Predator Novel Reviews  (Read 44831 times)

HuDaFuK
Oct 28, 2021, 10:28:14 AM
Reply #616 on: Oct 28, 2021, 10:28:14 AM
Alien covenant ((3/5)

So… it’s been a long time since I’ve read a movie novel but I remember reading some when I was younger and liking them because they offered more insight and scenes to the movie, pretty much expanding on the source. (I could be wrong though)
But this did not do any of that, it’s just a copy and paste of the movie and less dramatic. So I was pretty bummed about that….oh well…

Wut?

It does loads of that. It fixes quite a few of the plot holes with the film in the process.

Surprising that you didn't like it because it's always seemed to me that the consensus is it's a substantial improvement on the movie, much like the Resurrection novel.

Kradan
Oct 28, 2021, 01:26:18 PM
Reply #617 on: Oct 28, 2021, 01:26:18 PM
I kinda agree with Gentleman Death. Not that it was a bad book, but it didn't really provided me with anything more than what I've already seen in the actual movie. Truth be old, all of ADF novelisations were kinda just retellings of movies' events in text form for me. Enjoyable, if I want to experience the movie without actually watching it and drag out the experience for a couple extra hours but nothing more

Gentleman Death
Oct 29, 2021, 05:31:38 PM
Reply #618 on: Oct 29, 2021, 05:31:38 PM
It’s not that I didn’t like it, but I went in thinking there’s be more and for me, it wasn’t.

I might just still be bitter that they didn’t continue Shaws’ storyline…

VeteranSergeant
Nov 04, 2021, 09:51:43 PM
Reply #619 on: Nov 04, 2021, 09:51:43 PM
I have enjoyed reading Aliens Infiltrator.
Is it just me or do the Xenomorph specimens in this book put me in mind of Gremlins 2 the New Batch. Love the albino Drone variant.
It's funny to note that Joe Dante (the director of Gremlins) didn't want to make a sequel. He only finally agreed if he got triple the budget and complete creative control. So Gremlins 2 was basically him just saying "F You" to the studio and making the most bizarre stuff he could come up with. By his own admission, Gremlins 2 is Joe Dante satirizing Gremlins.

Voodoo Magic
Nov 05, 2021, 01:43:34 PM
Reply #620 on: Nov 05, 2021, 01:43:34 PM
I kinda agree with Gentleman Death. Not that it was a bad book, but it didn't really provided me with anything more than what I've already seen in the actual movie. Truth be old, all of ADF novelisations were kinda just retellings of movies' events in text form for me. Enjoyable, if I want to experience the movie without actually watching it and drag out the experience for a couple extra hours but nothing more

And often Ridley Scott's visuals can elevate just an average script, spectacular depictions often missing in work-for-hire novelizations.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed