Trailer is here! (HD downloads available)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 03:54:07 PM

What do you think of the trailer?

Love it.
50 (69.4%)
Pretty good.
13 (18.1%)
It's alright.
7 (9.7%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Horrible.
2 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Trailer is here! (HD downloads available) (Read 122,862 times)

Mr. Clemens

It's not the same derelict.

The one in Alien had, above each of the three entrances, a raised protrusion in an 'O' shape with a vertical line running through the middle. Also, Alien's derelict had, on the face of its portside 'hammerhead' prong, five holes similar to the entrances in its centre.

atlantis

atlantis

LOL........ Right..?...?..?

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 23, 2011, 01:27:31 AM
Quote from: D-13 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:25:17 AM
Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:00:10 AM
If you closely compare the derelict from Alien to the one shown crashing in this film, they are very different looking. Same shape, but the front ends are different. So, I guess that means this is not the ship from Alien, and the planet it is crashing on is not LV-426. Unless the ship changes shape slightly or something.  :-\

Are you blind?
It freaking rolls around on the ground, crashing and all hell... of course it will change shape.

and 2 derilict ships crashing in the same way... don't think so.
The ship we see in THE ONE from Alien... nothing else.

oh my god...this is the last time i write it down...THIS PLANET IS NOT THE LV-426!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO ALIEN FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!

Samus007

Quote from: D-13 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:25:17 AM
Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:00:10 AM
If you closely compare the derelict from Alien to the one shown crashing in this film, they are very different looking. Same shape, but the front ends are different. So, I guess that means this is not the ship from Alien, and the planet it is crashing on is not LV-426. Unless the ship changes shape slightly or something.  :-\

Are you blind?
It freaking rolls around on the ground, crashing and all hell... of course it will change shape.

and 2 derilict ships crashing in the same way... don't think so.
The ship we see in THE ONE from Alien... nothing else.

Woah, calm down man. No need to be so rude about it. Besides, by the time you posted this, I already changed my view on the ship. lol

atlantis

Trust me... either you like it or not... after watching "Prometheus" .... The real ones will be the Alien(1979) fans...

nendo

Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2011, 01:30:23 AM
Quote from: szkoki on Dec 23, 2011, 01:18:48 AM

-.- not the same...the movie does not take place on lv-426

Well, neither did  A  L  I  E  N, Cameron's planet don't look much like the unnamed planetoid from 1979. LV-426 is one of those terms I put along with xenomorph as inventions that bare little relation to Ridley's film.

Well actually alien and aliens did take place on the same planetoid. It didn't have the name lv-426 in the first film but it was defo the same planetoid.

It looked different due to different directors art directions

Samus007

Quote from: nendo on Dec 23, 2011, 01:56:21 AM

Well, neither did  A  L  I  E  N, Cameron's planet don't look much like the unnamed planetoid from 1979. LV-426 is one of those terms I put along with xenomorph as inventions that bare little relation to Ridley's film.

Well actually alien and aliens did take place on the same planetoid. It didn't have the name lv-426 in the first film but it was defo the same planetoid.

I also believe the planets may have looked a little different because in Aliens the planet had atmosphere processing stations, whereas in the first film this was not the case. Thats my theory on that anyway.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quoteoh my god...this is the last time i write it down...THIS PLANET IS NOT THE LV-426!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO ALIEN FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!

How do you know this?? most people will think its the ship from Alien myself included, it must be surely! its a prequel to Alien to explain what happened to the crashed ship on the planet from Alien, who are the jockies and where does the xenomorph come from and why were they onboard the jockey ship.

We only see the rear/front end of the crashed ship in Alien, nothing else really, so you can't say the ship doesn't look the same. Plus the room with the jockey chair seems virtually identical.

If its not based on LV-426 and its a different ship then there will have to be some major explaining in the plot cos I'm willing to bet 99.9% of people will see this trailer and think its the same ship and planet from Alien.

eyeballkid

Does anyone wonder why there is a "road" when the three vehicles are racing back to the landing ship?

Esoteric_Voyage

the ships are not identical. just very similar.

the one in prometheus looks more round to me aswel. the one in ALIEN is not as round.

the one in prometheus looks perhaps a bit more advanced and machine looking.

which would make sense with some of the other more Premium suggesting features.. such as those earns instead of eggs.

i am personally not that pleased with what appears to be the Jockey engineer. its kind of destroyed what i thought of the jockeys. i thought the Jockey was TRULY Alien. and i mean in a sense much more than just being a life form from outside earth. i mean very different. everything about the derelict in alien, the jockey, and the aliens themselves were all very different and alien.

in prometheus, the apparent engineer/jockey is not that far from human looking at all. and to be honest, the whole jockey suite concept really detracts from the original impression left in ALIEN.

it would be like suggesting the ALIEN in alien, was a suite. would that make the original alien as much of a fascination as it originally was? of course not.

the ship in prometheus definitely isn't quite as alien/gigerish, natural/bio organic looking. it looks alot more machined. which further detracts from the original ALIEN impression. the original organic look was alot more ALIEN to imagine as being a functional ship.

what was so succesfull in ALIEN was that Gigers designs and alien world was so different, so opposite in comparison, to the industrial human like technologies and designs. including humans as humans. and gigers legendary ALIEN itself.

BASED on this trailer, i feel ridley has potentially failed. he has brought the ALIEN Jockey even CLOSER in similarity to humans, the figure/man in a suite! and the ship now looks closer to a machined type ship of metals and familiar ship technology.

ALIEN originally worked because everything worked and appeared, felt so UNfamiliar to humanity.

also.. from what i see, the jockey design doesnt match the original one closely at all.. and the original jockey doesnt suggest a suit to me.  an example of difference was the original jockey's head was low into its own chest with high raised shoulders. this jockey engineer looks incredibly human in stature.

feeling disappointed so far but still excited to see what can be done with the story.

nendo

Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 23, 2011, 01:59:20 AM
Quote from: nendo on Dec 23, 2011, 01:56:21 AM

I also believe the planets may have looked a little different because in Aliens the planet had atmosphere processing stations, whereas in the first film this was not the case. Thats my theory on that anyway.

In terms of the film then yes that is a possibility. but then u have to ask "why is the terrain so flat in the second filme compaired to the first?"

Deuterium

Deuterium

Why is this even in discussion.  It is absolutely established that Cameron's A L I E N S took place on the same planetoid upon which the Nostromo crew investigated the Derelict.  That is not even open for discussion.  The planet was named "Acheron" in the A L I E N novelization, and designated LV-426 in Cameron's movie.  But I don't know how anyone could watch Cameron's ALIENS and come to the conclusion they were different planetoids.  Heck, the Director's cut shows Newts family going to the Derelict ship in their rover, which is how the colony got infected in the first place.

The conditions look different between the two films because in ALIENS, the atmospheric processing stations have been in operation for some period of time, and the planet and atmosphere are partially "terra-formed".  However, when the drop ship crashes, and strands Ripley, Hicks, Newt and the team on the surface, you can clearly see the strange rock formations that are similar to what is seen in the the original movie.

Note that I am just stating the fact that A L I E N and ALIENS took place on the same planet/planetoid.  I am NOT arguing (one way or the other) that P R O M E T H E U S is set on the same planet.  I do not know the answer to that...and like everyone else, we are just going to have to wait to find out...if there is any link between them at all.

I agree that the new Jockey ship is definitely different in design to the '79 derelict - but the differences are very subtle. The protusions at the end of the 'arms' are slightly different (and smaller) and the overall bio-mech look is slightly more...mechanical. And that now bothers me because everything relating to the Jockey tech in Prometheus is steered towards a more mechanical look and feel.

I also originally voiced my opinion that the planet was not LV426 because the environment was more hospitable and didnt really look anything like the Alien '79 planetoid. But I have since noticed that many of the rock formations have that familiar 'sloped' look about them, like on LV426.

So heres a new wacky theory...

What if the Jockey Ship crash causes something incredibly acrid and potent to be released into the atmosphere in vast quantities such that the ship and the entire planet undergoes a metamorphosis. Almost like it had been melted with acid! Maybe the Jockey ship would then bow slightly, and become stripped of an outer layer exposing a more bone-like structure, like the original derelict. The planet would also undergo a 'melted' appearance too, and end up becoming a wind swept, barren, melted landscape, like LV426!

The Jockey chamber and the 'pilot' sitting in the chair with his suit on would become more bone like and look melted to the chair!

And the ampule cannisters - would be morphed into hideous egg-like containers of a new alien life form...

Just a thought.  :P

echobbase79

Peter Briggs (original writer of Aliens vs Predator) on Facebook has heard a rumor that the planet is really

Spoiler
Well it's supposed to be

[GIANT SPOILERS]

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
Earth in the distant past, if what I've heard is true.
[close]

Take and HOPE that's just a rumor.

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: 180924609 on Dec 23, 2011, 02:27:32 AM
So heres a new wacky theory...

What if the Jockey Ship crash causes something incredibly acrid and potent to be released into the atmosphere in vast quantities such that the ship and the entire planet undergoes a metamorphosis. Almost like it had been melted with acid! Maybe the Jockey ship would then bow slightly, and become stripped of an outer layer exposing a more bone-like structure, like the original derelict. The planet would also undergo a 'melted' appearance too, and end up becoming a wind swept, barren, melted landscape, like LV426!

The Jockey chamber and the 'pilot' sitting in the chair with his suit on would become more bone like and look melted to the chair!

And the ampule cannisters - would be morphed into hideous egg-like containers of a new alien life form...

Just a thought.  :P

well if this is the case, i will be dissappointed if i do not see the original beautiful space scape by Dennis Lowe..:

unless i see it, i won't believe its LV426.

the prequal should be loose. it makes more sense if its a loose pre equal showing a sequence of events that are not part of the original story but a separate story that  leaves more "suggestive" answers to the story line of ALIEN.

RumorControl

RumorControl

In Alien the derelict's two endpoints are pointing up and away from the ground:

In the trailer it seems clear that the ship crashes down onto the planet flat, because we see the endpoints hitting the ground.  Also I don't recall any structural damage visible on the derelict in Alien, while in the trailer the ship is being rocked by a big explosion.

Perhaps an even bigger reason why it can't be the same ship is that, if it is, then that means there are thousands of alien eggs on board which means the team will find them, and Scott has repeatedly said there are no aliens in this film. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed