Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,019 times)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 16, 2021, 09:10:50 PM
Bone Tomahawk

That movie blew me away. I had no clue what I was getting into with it and wasn't disappointed.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Apr 16, 2021, 11:04:01 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 16, 2021, 09:10:50 PM
Bone Tomahawk

That movie blew me away. I had no clue what I was getting into with it and wasn't disappointed.

I was expecting more horror and was disappointed on my first viewing, but I went back to it after seeing Brawl in Cell Block 99 (and discovering Zahler's scripts), and I've been a fan ever since.

Huggs

Huggs

Only watched it once. Didn't care much for it, but I might give it another go sometime soon.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Legend

This is the outrageous Alien: Covenant companion piece I never knew I needed.

I watched the Director's Cut, and at around the midpoint of the movie I honestly completely tapped out of the story and started honing in purely on the visuals and sound design. This thing is pure Ridley Scott insanity, with wondrous fairytale imagery that deteriorates into what I can only describe as a macabre, glittery predecessor to Covenant's "Dire Necropolis," and Tim Curry's Lord of Darkness monologues and carries himself in such a way that Michael Fassbender's poetry spewing David would later seek to replicate.

Ridley Scott, Tim Curry, composer Jerry Goldsmith, cinematographer Alex Thomson (who also recently wowed me with his work on Excalibur), and perhaps especially makeup artist Rob Bottin all deliver absolutely incredible work here. I might not be able to tell you what this movie is about by next week, but I will certainly be able to tell you what it looks and sounds like. In that regard, I would absolutely say that Legend makes a very good showcase of the fact that movies can serve as something other than just a vehicle through which to dispense plot to the audience.

I would very much like more movies with shots where the screen is completely filled with bubbles, please.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Burn After Reading

Three Kings

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 17, 2021, 04:00:50 AM

Three Kings

"There's a document in that guys @$$"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 17, 2021, 04:09:30 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 17, 2021, 04:00:50 AM

Three Kings

"There's a document in that guys @$$"

"I only have one glove."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 16, 2021, 04:34:49 PMDunno why, but I've never made it more than 20-30 minutes into Tombstone. Between this and Near Dark maybe I have an aversion to Paxton being in Westerns. :laugh:

I've mentioned before how I'm not especially keen on Westerns, but Tombstone is like they collected all my favourite B-list actors together in one movie. The cast is just stellar, with Val Kilmer stealing the show.

Also Kurt Rusell sports what I consider to be the greatest cinematic moustache of all time.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 17, 2021, 07:46:23 AM
Also Kurt Rusell sports what I consider to be the greatest cinematic moustache of all time.

Excuse me?

:)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 17, 2021, 07:46:23 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 16, 2021, 04:34:49 PMDunno why, but I've never made it more than 20-30 minutes into Tombstone. Between this and Near Dark maybe I have an aversion to Paxton being in Westerns. :laugh:

I've mentioned before how I'm not especially keen on Westerns, but Tombstone is like they collected all my favourite B-list actors together in one movie. The cast is just stellar, with Val Kilmer stealing the show.

I think his Hateful Eight mustache might beat even that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Jojo Rabbit

10/10

Taika Waititi just Direct absolutely anything you want.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tombstone

Honestly pretty strong on the whole. Michael Biehn brought his Abyss stache with him.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Ford V Ferrari
(Le Mans '66)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Slither (2006)
Only watched this once around the time of it's release. Didn't like it back then because I expected something different.
Now it was more enjoyable.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Mortal Kombat.....

I remember going to see this in theatre's when I was a kid so no matter how goofy it is, I'll have a soft spot for it. Bitchin' soundtrack as well!

"This is where you fall down.."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed