A Disney Predator film?

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, May 01, 2020, 06:07:05 PM

Author
A Disney Predator film? (Read 2,588 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 08, 2020, 04:03:14 AM
I still stand by what I said - comparing The Predator to the Marvel movies rings hollow for me because the Marvel movies are actually competently written and tend to actually be good.
Nobody's saying it as a reflection of the quality of the narrative.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Fair enough.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on May 01, 2020, 06:07:05 PMNow that Disney owns both the Predator and Alien franchises, can Disney still make a rated Predator movie or will it have to be pg-13 now?

Disney have released plenty of R-rated films through their various subsidiaries.

Starship Troopers is technically a Disney movie, and that's R-rated as f*ck.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 16, 2020, 07:15:58 PM
Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on May 01, 2020, 06:07:05 PMNow that Disney owns both the Predator and Alien franchises, can Disney still make a rated Predator movie or will it have to be pg-13 now?

Disney have released plenty of R-rated films through their various subsidiaries.

Starship Troopers is technically a Disney movie, and that's R-rated as f*ck.

To me, I'd say "Starship Troopers is technically a Disney movie" is a little bit of a stretch. I get your angle, Disney owned Touchstone at the time and Touchstone had foreign distribution rights, but combine Touchstone with Starship Troopers being a joint venture with Tri-Star/Sony Production where here in the US, Sony was the lead / got top billing, and it just feels stretchy to call it a Disney movie, even technically... especially in the context of this conversation.  :)

Trailer by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

SiL

SiL

Almost verything Tarantino did between 1993-2010 (such as Pulp Fiction, the Kill Bill movies), Gangs of New York, No Country for Old Men, Scream 2, and many more, were produced by Miramax while it was owned by Disney.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Probably packaging this conversation as 'Disney owns both the Predator and Alien franchises' is the wrong way to go about it. They own 20th Century Studios.

Disney owning Disney+ and Hulu (the latter being where A & P will continue eventually imo) doesn't suddenly mean the adult content on Hulu is going to be brought down to Disney+ standards. Otherwise why plan to launch Hulu internationally when you're just going to compete with yourself?

SiL

SiL

But if people don't couch it at "Disney owns them now!", how can you manufacture rage on the Internet?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed