Alien Day 2023

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 20, 2023, 01:34:32 PM

Author
Alien Day 2023 (Read 16,448 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm hesitant to believe the Alien will be added to Dead by Daylight.

The Predator, maybe.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 23, 2023, 12:26:03 AMI'm hesitant to believe the Alien will be added to Dead by Daylight.

The Predator, maybe.
Alien is THE Scifi horror rep, there is no reason to believe it doesn't belong in DBD, even from a pure gaming perspective Alien also has one of the best horror games ever

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 23, 2023, 01:25:10 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 23, 2023, 12:26:03 AMI'm hesitant to believe the Alien will be added to Dead by Daylight.

The Predator, maybe.
Alien is THE Scifi horror rep, there is no reason to believe it doesn't belong in DBD, even from a pure gaming perspective Alien also has one of the best horror games ever
Well, I mean, yeah, but "Alien occasionally captures a survivor and strings them up on a hook which they can wriggle free from" feels like it doesn't quite do the Alien justice.

The Predator, on the other hand...

Wweyland

Wweyland

Would it most likely still be a "cabin in the woods" with Xeno scenario, or a complete overhaul with a ship/space colony?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 23, 2023, 03:16:23 AM

The Predator, maybe.
Well, I mean, yeah, but "Alien occasionally captures a survivor and strings them up on a hook which they can wriggle free from" feels like it doesn't quite do the Alien justice.

Gameplay wise, it wouldn't be so different from snatching people to cocoon them, to be honest...

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 23, 2023, 03:16:23 AM

The Predator, maybe.

The Predator, on the other hand...
Right, cuz this fits Nemesis, Wesker, Myers, Freddy Krueger, Pyramid Head, Demogorgon and a bunch of other characters right? Also, Predator wouldn't go around killing civilians.

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 23, 2023, 08:32:09 AMWould it most likely still be a "cabin in the woods" with Xeno scenario, or a complete overhaul with a ship/space colony?
New map based on one of the movies plus Alien being added as a killer and Ripley as a survivor, Alien's power likely being stealth based and having the option of taking survivors to hived up spots instead of hooks, like how Pyramid Head can send survivors to cages instead of Hooks

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Maybe it's the hooks thing tripping me up (and people being able to wiggle free from the Alien's grasp), if they're able to change that then maybe it would work better in my head.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Yeah I think adding Alien to the game would make perfect sense.
  • Fits in the lineup of other horror icons that the game has, and the game has yet to really go in on that sci-fi/alien corner of horror.
  • The first film is often described as slasher/haunted house movie, at it's core. Which fit's with the game's slasher focus.
  • Playing as a survivor doesn't feel too far-off from how it feels to play Alien Isolation tbh, so I can see it translating well from that angle, but with the added bonus of someone playing as the xeno.

and there's a lot of potential to adapt the game's elements to the film's, without having to tweak too much. 

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 23, 2023, 02:50:05 PMNew map based on one of the movies plus Alien being added as a killer and Ripley as a survivor, Alien's power likely being stealth based and having the option of taking survivors to hived up spots instead of hooks, like how Pyramid Head can send survivors to cages instead of Hooks

Great example ^

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Ken runs the licensing for Alien and Predator at 20CS for about a year or so now. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a little more action on Alien Day this year with how much he posts about the brand. Would be awesome if he pushes it and it can grow to a larger scale event day in the future.

https://twitter.com/kendrickpejoro/status/1644081637930733569?s=46&t=_UkEryu2c2UmLOQcQ5K4SA

PAS Spinelli

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 10, 2023, 07:17:43 PMhttps://twitter.com/KendrickPejoro/status/1586066725543387136

SOON

Yep, I'm counting on an Alien Day announcement. Looking forward to that as I've been playing DBD for a couple years now.

I think this will be the most marketed Alien Day we've seen since 2019.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Hype for the 26th grows more and more!

Guess I better redownload DBD.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I actually just nabbed DBD during the last Steam sale (after playing a tiny bit on GamePass and having fun with it). Will definitely have to grab the Alien when it comes to the game.

I just pray that it won't end up looking like...

>:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed