More Predators Story Details

Started by Darkness, Nov 05, 2009, 06:18:09 PM

Author
More Predators Story Details (Read 16,251 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s further news on Tim Ryan’s Reel Hawaii which describes some of the scenes shot in Hawaii. They mention a scene where the characters are following a river, another scene with them discovering empty cages and wild dogs chasing after them.

“Predators” shot six days a week while here or 22 days of the film’s total 53 days, which also is being done at producer Martinez’s studio in Texas. All the five primary locations were on the Hilo side of the Big Island, including some Bishop Estate-Kamehameha Schools forest and jungle areas, a state road which had to be blocked for a scene at the Umauma River Bridge showing the cast walking alone the river below, Kole Kole Beach Park, and the rocky ridge lookout at Waipio Valley off Highway 240. The Waipio Valley lookout scene was shot Oct. 26. That exterior shot follows the eight main characters approaching the rocky ridge from the adjacent jungle to get a view of “the alien plant.” Alice Braga who plays Isabelle tells the group in the scene that “the plan stays the same to follow river” towards the rocky ridge. Royce (Adrien Brody) definitively says the crew will go after the Berzerkers.

The production had one major location, which is privately owned — not the Kamehameha Schools location — on the mauka and makai side of the Highway 240. The Kole Kole Park location saw the eight-member cast following tracks in the jungle and first finding an empty cage with a parachute then some two-dozen other empty cages. It is during the chasing dogs scene that the group hears something crashing fast through jungle.

Stans (Walton Goggins) breaks down and demands a gun. Royce (Brody) tells the group “The sun hasn’t moved.” Then the group — knowing they’re in the “Hunting Dogs Area” according to the script — prepares weapons for “the imminent danger.” Suddenly, one member of the group sees nearby human forms.

They go on to say the Predator character wasn’t used on the Big Island, neither was the wild dogs and instead requires CGI.

Oooodz

Oooodz

Hrm. Very ... strange still.   Sounds like a mash up with Saw and Predator

Griffith

Griffith

wild dogs? ...are you serious? I still have my doubts on this, I'll save my comments for further details

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

Okay, I'm a bit doubtful to this "wild dogs" thing. Are the preds sending down hunter dogs in cages with parachutes?    ???   Sounds like a crossover between a cartoon and dog-hunts... and when the hell did the preds start to use dogs? And are they "alien" dogs or taken from the earth? This is wierd, but we'll se how things turn out...

Skinner

Skinner

So the Predators hunt dogs too or what?

stealth bunny

At least it's putting new things into the mix, only time will tell if they are good things though!  I hope they have killer bunnys too !!!!

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Killer bunnys now that would be interesting, sharp teeth and fluffy tail will shred your skin off.

pred

pred

cgi?    :(  

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

That is great story about new predator movies   and hunt dogs and many other animal as well.

predalien27

predalien27

CGI! Who guessed it!? Well I think the cages are from the other humans/creatures the Preds put into The Hunt. Preds with hunting dogs... or just wild dogs... I still don't like the idea of both.  I wonder if they will have any special traits like pred mandibles?

INVISIBLE HUNTER

INVISIBLE HUNTER

This still sounds cool to me, cant wait to see more details on this movie. 8 months and counting come on!      :P  

Purebreedalien

I'm not too sure about the 'Wild Dogs' thing, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

The Demon

The Demon

This means the Predators will be cg? f**k this, I'm not seeing this movie.

Xan21

Xan21

Uh CG is way more convincing than animatronics nowadays they just have to be used wisely (No Avatar overly clean/colourful effects). I'm glad the effects are being put in a realistic environment unlike the horrible fake sets from the King Kong remake for instance.

OUTSAIDOR

OUTSAIDOR

I heard da Preds also r use some hunting hawks. Can ya imagine that huh? Can ya?! :D I say, instead some freakin' dogz n birdz, they betta should use hunting cockroachez n pteroductylz! Yyeah! xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed