20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 72,214 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 13, 2016, 04:33:01 PM
There were lots of shaky-cam bits in Alien, especially towards the end when the self-destruct is initiated.

Just wanted to write the same.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote@NickdeSemlyen what's the closest touchstone in the series?  I hated Prometheus but big alien fan so hopeful.

Quote@_JakeTucker Def felt Prometheus-y, but with less CGI and philosophising.

https://twitter.com/NickdeSemlyen/status/808695409195491328

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2016, 03:27:56 PM
Someone else from Empire.
https://twitter.com/NickdeSemlyen/status/808695220204355588
QuoteOne more note on Alien Covenant: I believe it contains the first use of the word "sugardick" in the Alien canon.

Apparently that's what someone in the film called Tennessee (McBride)

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2016, 04:16:37 PM
I don't think it's anything to be worried about considering we get similar sequences in Alien.

I asked how it compared to the above sequence from Alien -

QuoteCan't get into too much detail, but it does feel more intense, with quicker cuts. The non-action scene was more classically shot.

So, basically Alien, then. Alien had plenty of free-motion camera work in it, and then more traditionally structured shots, too, with A & B cameras and framed actors and fixed lighting. If anything I feel quite happy because this is something I loved about the first film.

Has anyone mentioned anything about sound, like quiet moments with no music, just breathing or organic, ambient noises, like heartbeats, versus moments with an obvious film score (or maybe some Mozart)?

Also: "...sugardick"?

Pvt. Himmel

Someone ask about Shaw!! :o

Predatorium

Prometheus is a love/hate thing for me, one day I like it the other I hate it. I hate being torn like that. Unfortunately it seems like this movie will be no different. Maybe even worse. Average rating will be 6/10 on Rotten Tomatoes, I'm calling it now, remember it.

oduodu

There were lots of shaky-cam bits in Alien, especially towards the end when the self-destruct is initiated.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2016, 04:23:13 PM
We never get invited to them anyway. I have to ask. lol We're small fry.  :'(

Well, you've certainly been making headlines on many of the bigger movie news sites recently. If Fox were smart they'd have offered you a glimpse of Covenant today in exchange for no more leaks.

Is there a greater authority on the alien predator franchises than this site? Are there other websites for alien predator that has More traffic than avpgalaxy?

Corporal Hicks

The footage is going to be covered in the next issue of Empire which isn't going to be out until the end of December, the 29th.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 13, 2016, 06:17:58 PM
Prometheus is a love/hate thing for me, one day I like it the other I hate it. I hate being torn like that. Unfortunately it seems like this movie will be no different. Maybe even worse. Average rating will be 6/10 on Rotten Tomatoes, I'm calling it now, remember it.

It seems like ... Maybe ... maybe even worse? You haven't even seen it yet. Jesus. Rotten Tomatoes? Who cares about Rotten Potatoes? :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Dec 13, 2016, 06:19:21 PM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2016, 04:23:13 PM
We never get invited to them anyway. I have to ask. lol We're small fry.  :'(

Well, you've certainly been making headlines on many of the bigger movie news sites recently. If Fox were smart they'd have offered you a glimpse of Covenant today in exchange for no more leaks.

Is there a greater authority on the alien predator franchises than this site? Are there other websites for alien predator that has More traffic than avpgalaxy?

We maybe the biggest and best Alien and Predator community but compared to the likes of Empire and Bloody Disgusting and etc, we're tiny. I've no illusions about that.

AsapJockey

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 13, 2016, 06:34:47 PM

It seems like ... Maybe ... maybe even worse? You haven't even seen it yet. Jesus. Rotten Tomatoes? Who carers about Rotten Potatoes? :)

f**k Rotten Tomatoes fam  8)

Pvt. Himmel

So any news on LA event, and trailer date??

MrmojoR

Quote from: Himmelblau on Dec 14, 2016, 03:46:51 PM

Not yet my friend, still waiting...

DGSimo

Quote from: Himmelblau on Dec 14, 2016, 03:46:51 PM

The event doesn't kick off for another 2 hours and 40 minutes i believe. Supposed to be at 10:30pm GMT/5:30pm EST/2:30pm PST at least that's what was posted a page or two back.

lv_226

Quote from: AsapJockey on Dec 13, 2016, 08:20:53 PM

It seems like ... Maybe ... maybe even worse? You haven't even seen it yet. Jesus. Rotten Tomatoes? Who carers about Rotten Potatoes? :)

Getting a little carried away, we've not even seen any footage and despite the excellent word of mouth it is simply too early to tell.

Ingwar

Quote from: lv_226 on Dec 14, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
Quote from: AsapJockey on Dec 13, 2016, 08:20:53 PM

Getting a little carried away, we've not even seen any footage and despite the excellent word of mouth it is simply too early to tell.

Agree but I rather be optimist than pessimist.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed