PREDATOR 2022 Marvel Comics Checklist *Updated*

Started by Voodoo Magic, Apr 01, 2021, 02:43:37 PM

Author
PREDATOR 2022 Marvel Comics Checklist *Updated* (Read 20,051 times)

Local Trouble

Not really.

Kradan

EJA

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2021, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: EJA on Apr 16, 2021, 04:26:19 PM
So.....Predator going back to DH?

If the Thomas Brothers doesn't settle with Disney, wins their court case against Disney, subsequently wins the probable appeal, it definitely could happen. But we're likely talking years for that process to complete, a waiting period I'd rather not commit to. :-\

Hmm. Makes one wonder if the comics could be put on hold for that long.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: EJA on Apr 16, 2021, 08:56:11 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2021, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: EJA on Apr 16, 2021, 04:26:19 PM
So.....Predator going back to DH?

If the Thomas Brothers doesn't settle with Disney, wins their court case against Disney, subsequently wins the probable appeal, it definitely could happen. But we're likely talking years for that process to complete, a waiting period I'd rather not commit to. :-\

Hmm. Makes one wonder if the comics could be put on hold for that long.

If a judge issues a preliminary injunction until the suits are resolved, it definitely can be I think. :-\

Master Chief

Any updates on what's going on?

Corporal Hicks

Nothing new. I wouldn't expect to hear anything for another few months either.

Voodoo Magic

The only thing we've been able to confirm is there are no changes to the creative team. Other than that, retailers were told to expect a release in November with other title Predator variant covers in October. So I assume a new launch announcement will hit by August.

And Retailer pre-orders will be going through Penguin this time around versus Diamond (unless they want to purchase it wholesale through Diamond) so I think it's possible both will be tied together with some sort of big announcement fanfare.

And then there's that big shadow, the gavel which looms over everything...  :-\

EJA

Is it more likely to do with the current legal battle going on?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: EJA on May 26, 2021, 01:01:02 PM
Is it more likely to do with the current legal battle going on?

Anything is possible I think? But from only the details we know, it seems to me more taking advantage of the new lucrative distribution deal Marvel struck with Penguin which begins in October (a deal struck after their Alien comic hit shelves).

I mean if the delay was solely lawsuit motivated, why not shelve indefinitely? Why tell retailers October/November. With a pre-trial Case Management Conference set for July 15th, I don't see there being any way that an actual trial can conclude to give Marvel enough time to meet that time frame especially, when you factor in production and shipping times.

Kailem

Just saw that the Predator Omnibus has been rescheduled for March 2022:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marvel-reschedules-predator-omnibus-march-2022/

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 01, 2021, 12:21:55 AM
Just saw that the Predator Omnibus has been rescheduled for March 2022:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marvel-reschedules-predator-omnibus-march-2022/

Oof. What is going on with that one?

Voodoo Magic

I can't see the lawsuit affecting the Omnibus here. It's a reprint, not new content, which means they should be able to exploit it in perpetuity.

SiL

This is how the law seems to read.

Also even if it did affect it, only in the US. They could still try to sell it in overseas markets.

EJA

Can Dark Horse get the license back already?? This is just ridiculous.

Rambo

Quote from: EJA on Jun 03, 2021, 04:10:53 PM
Can Dark Horse get the license back already?? This is just ridiculous.
Would that have any effect on the rights to create new content?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed