Should money determine the value of your life?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 18, 2008, 11:58:24 AM

Author
Should money determine the value of your life? (Read 4,026 times)

Undeadite

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 18, 2008, 09:05:28 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 18, 2008, 08:20:49 PM
Sorry I made this topic before I went to school and I did not had the time to post anything. I think  Money should determine your value of life because you earned it.

Money is only cheap plastic/paper/metal.

Look at the currency in Zimbabwe. Like 100,000 of their currency is roughly 8 of American dollars. None of it makes sense to me lol.

Eidotemit

Thats what happens when you just print as much money as possible and don't have really anything to back it with.

gameoverman

Well, just saying, money itself is worthless.  True value comes from the infinite well of the human mind.

maledoro

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 18, 2008, 08:20:49 PM
Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 18, 2008, 06:36:21 PM
Back with your other account for one day and you've already put up 2 new threads?

Can't you go boost your post count on some other forum and spare us?
Are you talking to me?
He was talking to someone else; they got their post deleted.

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 18, 2008, 09:07:07 PM
I do think it should be equal but, at the same time people you have work hard all their life to earn good mney deserve more money  than people that haven't bothered to do a lot.
What about those who inherited money but did nothing to earn it, and those who work like horses everyday and barely get by on their earnings?

CELTICPRED

NVM about my above post.

Money can't buy happiness? Yeah right. In America it can. It can buy you a waverunner.

Have you ever seen a sad person on a waverunner?

-Daniel Tosh.

DoomRulz

Money isn't everything. It can make you happy yes, but only in the short-term IMO.

Gates

Gates

^^Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't f**king have any.
                                                                                             ~Jim Young

That line is obviously immensely arrogant...I'm throwing it out there just for shits and giggles... ;)

Quote from: Eidotemit on Dec 18, 2008, 09:14:54 PM
There should never be a reason why someone dies of a preventable/curable ailment because they don't have the money.

There is a great deal more to life than money.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, I really do...however I would like to add that I feel that rapists, child molesters, and murderers should not be entitled...sounds cruel but they forfeit their rights and liberties as humans when they neglected the rights and liberties of their victims...of course this opens up the can of worms regarding wrongly convicted people, for which I have no practical answer for [another debate entirely]...meh, sue me... :-\

gameoverman

Well today people don't use money they use mostly credit.  Governments themselves have endless credit yet don't have to take on any of the risk, they pass that on to the taxpayer.  Then when a recession comes along they bailout those responsible for going into debt, and devalue all the assets of the people who worked hard all their life for a measly retirement fund.  Then for good measure, they tax them even harder.

DoomRulz

Um, without money you wouldn't have credit. Credit is money.

gameoverman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 12, 2009, 04:17:42 AM
Um, without money you wouldn't have credit. Credit is money.

If you're holding money that you earned, it's not credit. 

SM

You repay credit with money.

Or more credit.

gameoverman

Or you live completely within your means which is hard for many people.  Credit makes the world go 'round.

Problem is, that banks issue credit and they lend it out with very high loans to capital ratios.  So if the bank fails, then everyone goes to withdraw their money, everything goes to hell.  The economy hangs by a thread on these banks.

In the past, governments have actually made laws forbidding people to withdraw their money.  :D

It's a huge scam, really.

Kimarhi

In practice Kimarhi can live on his own without money or a house or even clothes.

SiL

We should start using funny pictures as currency.

The funnier the picture, the more it's worth.

Lolcats are a cent each.

Kimarhi

Ceiling cat is worth ten cents at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed