Whats the strange big horn on the back of the ALIEN's neck on the pic of the egg

Started by Politikon, May 05, 2010, 12:45:10 AM

Author
Whats the strange big horn on the back of the ALIEN's neck on the pic of the egg (Read 2,624 times)

Politikon

If you look at the artwork for the Egg with the tiny Alien on it, the Deluxe Edition of ALIEN ANTHOLOGY BLU-RAY set, there are three different angles of the Alien. Front, Profile, and from the back.

The pic from behind, on the far right of that photo, details a fifth giant horn in the top center of the ALIEN's back, just below it's neck.

Strange.

Ive never seen that before. I wonder why it's there.

XenoVC

It's a piece of merchandise,a holder for dvds.

Don't see why it's so crazy it takes liberties.

MadassAlex

It's been a part of the Alien design since ever, if I know what you're referring to.

Politikon

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 05, 2010, 02:54:47 AM
It's been a part of the Alien design since ever, if I know what you're referring to.

Are you sure? I dont remember that 5th odd big horn. Personally I like the idea of the Egg shaped package but dont like the ALIEN wrapped around it, because it's size doesn't make sense...unless it's one of those ANT ALIENS from that super gay harvest script.

XenoVC

XenoVC

needs moar buttsecks and HARVESTING to appeal to politikon

Also,it's a cute little representation of the Alien franchise for a dvd holder,it's not going to be 8 feet tall.

Looking at it again though it looks to be the headrest that the Giger and Cameron Aliens had.

Politikon

Quote from: XenoVC on May 05, 2010, 07:09:41 AM
needs moar buttsecks and HARVESTING to appeal to politikon

Also,it's a cute little representation of the Alien franchise for a dvd holder,it's not going to be 8 feet tall.

Right. I mean, I do my share of buttfuking so....I'm not really at a loss for it.

Of course that would mean the Egg was larger than the adult....

OmegaZilla

I see what you are talking about here. Yeah, it is not that spiked spike (don't know how to call it seriously, it is a spike with spikes on it. :P) the original alien has. IMHO it's just a prototype. If you see the alien dome has those weird and soft spots.

it's called Artistic Licence in both cases. i actually think the spike looks cool, but makes me wonder if it would get in the way of the head, i'm pretty sure the queen has a spike there though.

MadassAlex

What the f**k is that shit, they shoulda gone with what's usually there.

bobcunk

that looks like the avp alien and it shouldn't have the 5th spike. it originally was going to but they took it off. you can see it in the first adi book.

OmegaZilla

o hai bobcunk!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed