Alien types?

Started by RubberChickenMan, Dec 03, 2009, 11:30:43 PM

Author
Alien types? (Read 10,868 times)

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

Other than the basic warior alien, what other aliens can you play as?

face huggers? runners? Queen? Predalien?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

You only play as a basic Alien in this from a gameplay point of view. In multiplayer, there are skins that allow you to alter your appearance, but they don't make any gameplay changes.

Facehugger: unconfirmed, but not likely.
Chestburster: Logical follow-up to the above.
"Runner": Yes.
Predalien: Most likely a skin in multiplayer, yes.
Praetorian: Yes.
Queen: Not a chance, I suspect.

There's quite a few skins, apparently, so you can probably expect to see some skins that adhere to the films more closely. For instance, Grid from AvP is a skin in MP. Demand from the fans means that skins like the Giger Alien and Cameron Alien may make an appearance, too.

Jekku

Jekku

Skins for the praetorian and predalien in multiplayer would be kind of silly because they will just be bigger targets.  Right?

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

I have to agree, I think it would be really weird to have pred aliens and Praetorians as JUST a skin in multi player. It wouldn't make any sense to have them behanving EXACTLY like normal aliens.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

That's the way it is.

Anyway, in Rebellion's '99 AvP game, Praetorians weren't really much larger, they just had large crests.

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

Face huggers would be awesome in mp.

Narwalman007

Narwalman007

man i think being a facehugger then bursting out of a chest will be awesome espiecaly multiplayer

Shadow_Riddick

Shadow_Riddick

I really hope we are going to be able to play as facehugger, chestburster and queen. although it has to be balanced so that people don't shoot you the second you burst out of someones chest. I would also like that the predalien, runner and Praetorian have different abilities like they had in avp2.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Narwalman007 on Dec 04, 2009, 06:50:21 AM
man i think being a facehugger then bursting out of a chest will be awesome espiecaly multiplayer

Especially in that alien infestation mode or whatever its called.

Narwalman007

Narwalman007

also it would be an awesome skin for a reborn alien from alien ressurection
that will be awesome

Sifer2

Sifer2

Yeah we saw Praetorian in a gameplay clip. But yeah it doesn't make much sense for it to just be a skin that essentially a larger target. Maybe it was from the survival mode.

kvon17

kvon17

no. It's not larger. It's the same size. Just a different shaped head. It was in multiplayer.

They've said all the aliens will have the same stats in multiplayer. They've said there will be multiple models.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

I remember in a erly interview with Rebellion i cant find it anymore they stated the full life circle is in the Game but there was no word about if its in mp

Xhan

Xhan

They've essentially shown the LC in the Alien reveal.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 03, 2009, 11:36:08 PM
You only play as a basic Alien in this from a gameplay point of view. In multiplayer, there are skins that allow you to alter your appearance, but they don't make any gameplay changes.

Facehugger: unconfirmed, but not likely.
Chestburster: Logical follow-up to the above.
"Runner": Yes.
Predalien: Most likely a skin in multiplayer, yes.
Praetorian: Yes.
Queen: Not a chance, I suspect.

There's quite a few skins, apparently, so you can probably expect to see some skins that adhere to the films more closely. For instance, Grid from AvP is a skin in MP. Demand from the fans means that skins like the Giger Alien and Cameron Alien may make an appearance, too.

No more Queen spawns in Multiplayer, lol, that sucks for Alien players. Having the Queen in AVP2 multiplayer made the game play quite....interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed