Toyfare # 124 Cover with NECA's Alien and Pred (Updated w/PICS!)

Started by Demonio Cazador, Oct 10, 2007, 02:28:50 PM

Author
Toyfare # 124 Cover with NECA's Alien and Pred (Updated w/PICS!) (Read 19,817 times)

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 10, 2007, 03:50:43 PM
Oh really? That's even more retarded...see, that's why I hate McToys more and more everyday...if they stepped up and improved their quality, poseability, concepts and customer service, Neca wouldn't be kicking their ass with their awesome figures...it's amazing how companies start great and they eventally turn into corporate f***s... ;D ;D Rant off!!

I like a lot of McFarlanes products, but I they don't listen to their fans and make extremely stupid decisions. For example shrinking their 2nd series of AVP and removing the cool base parts of series 1.

NECA gives me the figures of the licenses I really want and most of them look great. Sure there are some figures that don't come out as their prototypes, but McFarlane is hit and miss too.
And the new Alien by NECA looks fantastic - much better than the ones by McF...

DB

LukaKovach

The first 12'' Alien from McF looks great.

Dragonblaster

Quote from: LukaKovach on Oct 10, 2007, 04:03:18 PM
The first 12'' Alien from McF looks great.

I agree, I got that one too. But I hate those stupid thigh joints. And the Alien isn't that movie accurate at all. Don't get me wrong I really like the figure, but it could be better. I hope the one by NECA will be more movie accurate...

DB

Dragonblaster

Xanospawn from spawn.com will get his mag after work and scan the pics for me :)
If that works I should be able to post pics tomorrow :)

predwarNJ

cool! I can't wait to see what The Wolf looks like! ;D

Darkness

I asked somebody what the magazine contained AvP-wise. They said this:

AvP2 is covered a little in the big fall horror movie preview in the issue, but the main event is the official premiere of NECA's AvP2 toys, including an interview with NECA's Randy Falk and the sculptor, Kyle Windrix. the AvP baddies also show up in our Top 20 horror toys of all time feature.

Demonio Cazador

Sorry I don't have a scanner but this ones will do for now I guess!!  ;)

The article is pretty good!
Kyle Windrix apparently worked for Mctoys before but grew tired of them, he wanted to sculpt the original Aliens and Preds from McToys but ended up sculpting McFarlane Sports crap.
SO he's excited to be able to do this with NECA, also they're doing Alien figures as well, including an 18" Original Alien.

As for the Top 20 horror toys, they put Hot Toys Alien Warrior form Aliens in spot number 3 (And stupidly saying that "Giger would be afraid of this figure himself" when this one is not his design...) and McToys Pred 2 from Movie Maniacs 6 on spot number 2 (Where's Hot Toys Pred figures??!!!...this McToys pred is the worst of them all!!)

End of report!!

slipknotpredator

Holy sh*t!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE THAT PREDATOR

Dino21AvP

Those figures are looking damn good!

slipknotpredator

Thats a mean mother fu**er

Demonio Cazador

Also looking at the picture of Wolf, you can see a seem running across his forehead, my guess is, you can dettach the face and put the mask on...that would be awesome!!
Since it's hard to accomplish a nice roaring facesculpt and being able to mask it, I think either another face or a "faceless" version to put the mask is a great idea IMO. And better than additional heads!

LukaKovach

Im getting all of them  ;D

Gremlien

Wolf = Pure Badass. Alien = Pure Badass. I shall own them. All of them.

LukaKovach

The closed mandibles version looks crap. Like, serious crap. Like AVP crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed