15 drafts?!

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Jan 12, 2018, 07:13:52 AM

Author
15 drafts?! (Read 1,182 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

While he may be in the midst of pre-production on 'The Martian', starring Matt Damon, work on the second 'Prometheus' movie is also well underway.

"Right now, as we speak, it's being written," he says. "I've had 15 drafts evolving. I definitely want to do that again because I really enjoyed doing 'Prometheus'. -Ridley Scott

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/ridley-scott-updates-us-on-prometheus-2-and-blade-98235330841.html
24 September 2014

15 drafts? 15?!
If true, I'm certainly curious about all the different directions had in mind.
I need some scripts to tie me over until the next movie.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I'm just imagining the first draft being something similar in tone to chronicles of riddick.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

15 Script drafts is actually not that unusual for a typical Hollywood movie. Though in Covenant's case it was already at 15 more than a year before filming would start so who knows how many drafts it ended up with.

Sometimes the differences between the various drafts can also be very minor, eg there wasn't a huge difference between the two Prometheus Spaith drafts that were released but there were many differences between Spaith's last draft and Lindelof's shooting script.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 12, 2018, 05:05:17 PM
15 Script drafts is actually not that unusual for a typical Hollywood movie. Though in Covenant's case it was already at 15 more than a year before filming would start so who knows how many drafts it ended up with.

Sometimes the differences between the various drafts can also be very minor, eg there wasn't a huge difference between the two Prometheus Spaith drafts that were released but there were many differences between Spaith's last draft and Lindelof's shooting script.

In this case I'm thinking there are a couple of storylines and each one has several drafts.

Based on concept art, there's
-the more direct sequel to Prometheus
-the one where David made several creatures including his dog Bug
-the version we got to see.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It does look like it. Jack Paglen's original script was basically Prometheus 2 which was later re-written by Michael Green. Then Dante Harper was hired who wrote a completely new script. Then finally John Logan came onboard and gave Harper's script an extensive re-write.

So we're possibly looking at 3 to 4 very different versions of the script and all the various sub-drafts in-between.

jdxmoore

jdxmoore

Would love to read them all.  However, Jack Paglen's Prometheus 2 script in particular just to see if aligned with my own expectations for the film.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Does anyone know if there's someone we could spam in order to get them released? Or maybe speed up the process.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Would love to read them all

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed