[SPOILERS] David: Creator...or RE-creator?

Started by EJA, May 12, 2017, 01:39:35 PM

Creator or re-creator?

Creator (Aliens don't exist before David makes them on Paradise)
52 (22.3%)
Re-creator (Engineers originally created Aliens long ago, and David is just inspired to make his own)
181 (77.7%)

Total Members Voted: 232

Author
[SPOILERS] David: Creator...or RE-creator? (Read 74,017 times)

EJA

If we take the film at face value, then David is the creator of the entire Alien species in the early 22nd century CE, and the Aliens did not exist before then. But there's an alternative theory that David may actually have re-created the Alien, which was originally made by the Engineers long, long ago. Which is best? Which would we rather have?

gantarat

this is mural from prometheus you can see that the shape look like "egg".

426Buddy

I prefer to think David just found an engineer recipe to create the alien using the black goo.

Evanus

It would be better if he recreated them. But he didn't. He's their original creator. Ridley Scott straight up confirmed it. That's enough proof for me. But of course it's possible he'll change his mind, again.

John Doe

Hope Ridley could change what he destroyed with Covenant. Engineers must return and explain how they create the Alien long time before.

But none can trust Ridley.

EJA

Quote from: Evanus on May 12, 2017, 01:55:19 PM
It would be better if he recreated them. But he didn't. He's their original creator. Ridley Scott straight up confirmed it. That's enough proof for me. But of course it's possible he'll change his mind, again.

He also said Aliens existed at the time of Prometheus, so his word isn't really worth much.

426Buddy

I'll take what Ridley has put on film and go from there. The man has always rambled on about his thoughts regarding the Alien, usually whatever streams through his head at any given moment even contradicting previous things hes already stated. I didn't take his gibberish and rambling as facts before this film so I'm not going to start now.

gantarat

and he should becasue he just make normal people/fan confuse about prometheus mural and alien egg on lv-426.

Evanus

Yeah you're right about Ridley, you can't really trust him. But to me it's clear that these movie are going to show how David creates the Xenomorph. I don't think he re-creates them. If that were the case it would have been much clearer in Covenant that he's actually re-creating them. But so far everything is suggesting he's the original creator.

Robopadna

Quote from: gantarat on May 12, 2017, 02:04:33 PM

and he should becasue he just make normal people/fan confuse about prometheus mural and alien egg on lv-426.

Normal people don't care about it.  Normal people don't remember the 2 second clip of the mural in Prometheus and the egg is not an issue because Scott is going to explain how they got there.

EJA

Quote from: Robopadna on May 12, 2017, 02:11:48 PM

Normal people don't care about it.  Normal people don't remember the 2 second clip of the mural in Prometheus and the egg is not an issue because Scott is going to explain how they got there.

And the best explanation is that the Alien is a lot older than Covenant makes it out to be.

gantarat

gantarat

if you go reddit or movie/entertaine website you can see they remember . (mural very outstanding how the hell they not remember ?)

cucuchu

My line of thinking (prior to seeing the movie but having read all spoilers) is this:

David cannot intrinsically come up with ideas for creation. He can put things together and reproduce based on schematics. Schematics for an android being anything he perceives and inputs into his software. I won't go into a tangent on how I think an android pulls ideas apart based on a library of ideas already implanted in their software either baseline or observed, but think of it like any device cannot execute a command that it does not recognize. It would need to learn any action it performs before it performs it. Even procedurally generated content has a baseline of parts that the content is pulled from. So David would need to observe the Xenomorph in some shape or form before he were able to create it.

Taking this into account (which by the way, Ridley Scott has mentioned himself by saying that a robot could not be truly creative), we then have to wonder where David learned of the Xeno. We could theorize this forever based on the clues we have now but Ridley Scott could throw in another story element to explain it too...we just do not know. Regardless, I believe that the Xeno is a recreation.

Robopadna

Quote from: EJA on May 12, 2017, 02:14:00 PM

And the best explanation is that the Alien is a lot older than Covenant makes it out to be.

I actually think that's a messy explanation.  I would prefer David creates it, Scott backs that into Alien and explains why the derelict looks so old (accelerant spill?) and we just agree to ignore the 2 second shot of the deacon mural (it was not a xeno).

EJA

Quote from: Robopadna on May 12, 2017, 02:23:24 PM
Quote from: EJA on May 12, 2017, 02:14:00 PM

But it limits the universe and further storytelling opportunities by tying it too intrinsically to David alone.

I actually think that's a messy explanation.  I would prefer David creates it, Scott backs that into Alien and explains why the derelict looks so old (accelerant spill?) and we just agree to ignore the 2 second shot of the deacon mural (it was not a xeno).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed