Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In?

Started by Gazz, Oct 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM

Author
Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In? (Read 37,955 times)

Gazz

Gazz

overthere

overthere

Well that means they're still on with the movie I guess...

But so far everyone dropped out on them. Is something horribly wrong with the movie?

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Oh man, if this is for the lead we are all in big trouble.

Boyd who or what? If it's for the lead I'm about to get authentically un excited. From Affleck to Cooper to this guy?! This better be for a supporting role. Or Boyd better drop out too lol.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 11, 2016, 11:55:20 PM
Oh man, if this is for the lead we are all in big trouble.

Boyd who or what? If it's for the lead I'm about to get authentically un excited. From Affleck to Cooper to this guy?! This better be for a supporting role. Or Boyd better drop out too lol.

The article says they're "beefing up for supporting roles", so maybe Del Toro was supposed to be supporting as well.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Lol no. It says right there Del Toro is being replaced by Holbrook for the lead.

Part of the fun of having an Affleck or a Cooper is that they don't need the movie. They're already propelled into stardom. And to see a true A lister in the movie is just so fun. Similar to Brad Pitt in WWZ. He didn't need the movie so it was fun to witness him in inherently B material that was given the A treatment.

overthere

overthere

I don't really care for the actors, just start shooting the damn thing.

lv_226

lv_226

Wow... what the hell... they can't seem to get anyone to commit to this thing. If it isn't rock-solid material I'd rather it not be made. Re-cast it, re-write it, hire a different effects crew, and then maybe this will eventually get made. Can't say I am too excited for this.

The Joker

The Joker

Boyd Holbrook is actually a pretty solid actor (See: Narcos), but he shouldn't be leading a film, let alone a Predator film that is going to be bigger then previous films.

Hopefully it's issues with filming schedules that's forced Del Toro and Franco to say no, and not the script itself.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wow that's a bummer, I was really looking forward to Del Toro as the lead.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

This sucks...do you all think this means the rest of the cast will be lesser known actors too?

Boyd was good in Narcos and hopefully is great in Logan but he's not Del Toro. What other actors is this guy going to lead?

overthere

overthere

If I were those guys, I'd ditch any other movie to work on Predator. They're all crazy.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Somebody needs to contact Adrien Brody.  :P

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

It's not even that it's a Predator movie, it's that it's a SHANE BLACK-directed Predator movie. An A-list action storyteller.

overthere

overthere

These actors are crazy. Who wouldn't want to be in Shane Black Predator movie? Maybe all these actors want the honor of being killed by a Predator but their character gets to live?

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

It's just that it's a Shane Black movie, period. Shane is hot off a GOSLING/CROWE movie. Hell, get Hugh Jackman? Very disappointed in this C-list choice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed