What are your realistic choices for director of an AvP3?

Started by marrerom, Feb 23, 2015, 04:01:17 AM

Author
What are your realistic choices for director of an AvP3? (Read 15,591 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 04, 2015, 12:23:14 AM
Del Toro

Quote from: Russ on Mar 05, 2015, 09:36:35 AM
Neil Marshall for me.

Yeah, these two would actually be fairly solid.

MCP

Unless you're downloading them illegally, of course, which I really am against.

I've never spent a cent on Uwe Boll movies.  And wouldn't want to, either.

KiramidHead

I'll name a few of my own:

-David Twohy: I'll agree with almost everyone on this one, since I love his work on the Riddick films and it would be nice if he got to make more than one movie every nine years.

-Pete Travis: He could definitely pull off the dingy, run down future setting if they go in that direction. And hopefully we'd get Karl Urban as a space marine. 8)

-Yann Demange: '71 really captured what it would be like to be alone and surrounded by enemies. Apply that to an under equipped Predator surrounded by Aliens and presto.

-John McTiernan: I'd like for him to make a come back now that he's out of prison.

Now for my unrealistic choices:

-Park Chan-wook: Because I want to see Choi Min-sik take on both species with a f**king hammer.

-Duncan Jones

-Tommy Wiseau: Because honestly, he'd be a step up from the Strause Bros.

MCP

I'd love for the Strause Bros to return for AVP3.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: MCP on Mar 06, 2015, 06:42:28 AM
Unless you're downloading them illegally, of course, which I really am against.

I've never spent a cent on Uwe Boll movies.  And wouldn't want to, either.

Smart man.

Also I agree with your choices Kiramid.

Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 10, 2015, 11:06:30 PM
MY MAN TOMMY

"I believe the hunt is one continuous... stream... that never ent!"

hugodespris

I think Neil Marshall is the way to go . What do you think of Dave Bautista as the lead ?? Or him the lead in the new predator movie by Shane black ??

hugodespris

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 25, 2015, 08:51:43 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2015, 08:41:16 AM
Completely new storyline is the way forward. No acknowledging the first two.

As long as it doesn't acknowledge PREDATORS or Prometheus.. I could be down with that.

AVP should be a parallel but separate thing.

hugodespris

Given that movie universes is very trendy of late I would not be surprised if they announce a shared universe of Prometheus, aliens and predator movies .

MCP

Quote from: hugodespris on Mar 11, 2015, 11:16:15 PM
Given that movie universes is very trendy of late I would not be surprised if they announce a shared universe of Prometheus, aliens and predator movies .

Ripley & Hicks teaming up with Arnold & Glover.  The AVP Avengers.  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

Quote from: hugodespris on Mar 11, 2015, 11:16:15 PM

Considering Blomkamp's statement on shared universes, he thinks that's a major mistake that anyone could make with Alien and Predator. But here's the thing... Alien and Predator have been a shared universe for twenty five years, if we look at Predator 2. It's been a shared universe for twenty six years if we count the original AvP comic. Sure, they started off as two separate universes but they became unified in ten years time when Alien first debuted, two years time when the original Predator debuted.

So... I don't get why people think it's not a shared universe. Even if you discount the AvP's (which.. a lot of people seem to do-- along with the EU itself), the Xenomorph skull in Predator 2 suggest that Aliens and Predators are in the same universe. Been that way for a little more than two decades. It's nothing new.

OpenMaw

I think people read too much into his words. He's saying that he won't be doing that. He won't explore a shared universe.

hugodespris

Being a shared universe is one thing ( and of course I agree that this has been the case for 26 years now) but actively seeking for the right opportunity to make movies in This context , like marvel is doing , is another . Personally I am super excited for the predator sequel just by Shane black 's involvement . After seeing chappie I am extremely skeptical about alien 5.

RakaiThwei

You know.. just for shits and giggles. Adi Shankar.

Adi Shankar should do an AvP movie, but as part of his Bootleg Universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed