Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Dec 10, 2014, 11:38:48 PM

Author
Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation? (Read 34,960 times)

The Cruentus

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Feb 22, 2015, 11:44:14 AM
If they did incorporate a marine/colonial marshall with a pulse rifle in some dlc, I'd want there to be severe repercussions for using it. It would need to be balanced to give that same reluctance to use it the same as the other firearms.

Things such as shooting the wrong wall = hull breach and either the section goes into a lockdown with a countdown to get out before the section loses atmosphere or the wall is simply torn open by the pressure of the atmosphere escaping.

When shooting the alien in the wrong area this can cause it's acid to melt through the floor and create new access ways for the alien, or damage electrical systems, trigger fire alarms, disable lights etc or even start fires that must be avoided.

Of course, discharging the firearm should attract the alien.

The weapon if even able to kill the alien should still take a considerable amount of bullets, and to balance it out perhaps take on two aliens at once. So as you're concentrating on one alien, the other can take advantage.

This sounds fair, but they should save that for a sequel, Alien: Isolation should keep it to pure horror for now, a sequel should then expand upon it without empowering the player i.e  Aliens can now be killed but ammo is severly limited and there is other consequence to it. No pulse rifles thought, something that earlier in the model series would be good.

Horror and one hit kill by the alien should remain, Alien Isolation was brilliant and groundbreaking for the series, nearly all Alien/AVP games are action-oriented (even when there is horror), so this game was a refreshing change.
There should be no steps backwards.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 02, 2015, 05:55:50 PM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Feb 22, 2015, 11:44:14 AM
If they did incorporate a marine/colonial marshall with a pulse rifle in some dlc, I'd want there to be severe repercussions for using it. It would need to be balanced to give that same reluctance to use it the same as the other firearms.

Things such as shooting the wrong wall = hull breach and either the section goes into a lockdown with a countdown to get out before the section loses atmosphere or the wall is simply torn open by the pressure of the atmosphere escaping.

When shooting the alien in the wrong area this can cause it's acid to melt through the floor and create new access ways for the alien, or damage electrical systems, trigger fire alarms, disable lights etc or even start fires that must be avoided.

Of course, discharging the firearm should attract the alien.

The weapon if even able to kill the alien should still take a considerable amount of bullets, and to balance it out perhaps take on two aliens at once. So as you're concentrating on one alien, the other can take advantage.

This sounds fair, but they should save that for a sequel, Alien: Isolation should keep it to pure horror for now, a sequel should then expand upon it without empowering the player i.e  Aliens can now be killed but ammo is severly limited and there is other consequence to it. No pulse rifles thought, something that earlier in the model series would be good.

Horror and one hit kill by the alien should remain, Alien Isolation was brilliant and groundbreaking for the series, nearly all Alien/AVP games are action-oriented (even when there is horror), so this game was a refreshing change.
There should be no steps backwards.

I don't think showing the Alien Queen and making a sequel more themed in the light of Aliens would be a step backwards. In fact, for me as a fan it would be a HUUGGE step forwards. Even though Colonial Marines was subpar, it still did have its moments. ESPECIALLY, when you're down in those sewers. Do you think there is a high chance of them making a Aliens-esque sequel? I don't see why they don't considering the fact that Aliens just had its 30th anniversary or whatever and was nominated for over several academy awards.

I'm highly surprised at this point to see that Creative Assembly hasn't taken the steps or interest in creating an action-horror orientated world like Aliens. If they took some good money in with Isolation there shouldn't be any reason for an extended delay on a sequel etc.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I want Runners. Want a Explanation?

Imagine if there was a LV-426 setting. The Complex could have kennel area for dogs/Cattle.

Runners would be scary. They can be kill able. And Behave Differently, maybe even in packs. They run at you!

Anyone remember Alien Trilogy? That game had some awesome Enemies. Runners. Warriors... Heck even the chestbusteres attacked your ass. Scary game, even in the advent of having guns. Still a better game than Marines lol.

Darkblade 25

Nah I don't want a Queen keep it as a stealth game its good like that it doesn't need to be a action game.

DarkDiscovery

Quote from: Darkblade 25 on Mar 28, 2017, 06:58:49 PM
Nah I don't want a Queen keep it as a stealth game its good like that it doesn't need to be a action game.

Yeah, I'm with you. The stealthy gameplay is just so much more interesting than another shooting gallery. I don't mind having guns and weapons in the games but reducing the xeno's to target practice really downplays their presence.

Darkblade 25

Quote from: DarkDiscovery on Mar 28, 2017, 08:51:32 PM
Quote from: Darkblade 25 on Mar 28, 2017, 06:58:49 PM

Yeah, I'm with you. The stealthy gameplay is just so much more interesting than another shooting gallery. I don't mind having guns and weapons in the games but reducing the xeno's to target practice really downplays their presence.
Yeah I agree with you.

chainsawsquirrel

Real question is can we expect to see a follow up to isolation? probably not, at least not in the near future. Give it about 5 years.

Kimo

Isolation was a great game but it was padded out a little to long with the hide and seek game play. I think a sequel would benefit from having Cameron's Aliens and a Queen in it. Just make the first part of a sequel to Isolation more of a Aliens type of scenario were you have firepower so you can take out the Aliens. Later in the game just make the scenario were your low on ammo and bring in the mechanics of the first game were your getting hunted by the classic xeno or Queen. Basically i would like to see Isolation 2 a mix bag of Alien and Aliens.

Or just do Isolation 2 were you play as Newt on Hadley's Hope were she has to survive till the marine turn up. Or even better give us VR Isolation.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Kimo on Apr 07, 2017, 01:41:35 PM
Isolation was a great game but it was padded out a little to long with the hide and seek game play. I think a sequel would benefit from having Cameron's Aliens and a Queen in it. Just make the first part of a sequel to Isolation more of a Aliens type of scenario were you have firepower so you can take out the Aliens. Later in the game just make the scenario were your low on ammo and bring in the mechanics of the first game were your getting hunted by the classic xeno or Queen. Basically i would like to see Isolation 2 a mix bag of Alien and Aliens.

Or just do Isolation 2 were you play as Newt on Hadley's Hope were she has to survive till the marine turn up. Or even better give us VR Isolation.

The whole point of Isolation was that it was an Alien game and not an Aliens game. Which worked in its favor. The game does not need to be put in the same basket as all the other "Aliens" emulations, because as good as some of them are (monolith's game for example) they are emulationg cameron's movie and not being that original i.e ridged designs and colonial marines with stereotypical attidudes. All games seem to always take from Cameron's movie so it was refreshing to have one that was influenced by the first film. A sequel should not deviate from a formula that is working, especially since the last time there was "firepower", we had Aliens: Colonial Marines.... :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 10, 2017, 01:37:12 PM

The whole point of Isolation was that it was an Alien game and not an Aliens game. Which worked in its favor. The game does not need to be put in the same basket as all the other "Aliens" emulations, because as good as some of them are (monolith's game for example) they are emulationg cameron's movie and not being that original i.e ridged designs and colonial marines with stereotypical attidudes. All games seem to always take from Cameron's movie so it was refreshing to have one that was influenced by the first film. A sequel should not deviate from a formula that is working, especially since the last time there was "firepower", we had Aliens: Colonial Marines.... :P

I would still love to see a game with Newt trapped in Hadley's Hope as if falls and until the marines arrive. You could maintain the same gameplay and leave out the action from Aliens. I just think it would make a great situation for a sequel to Alien Isolation even if the aesthetics turned towards aliens a bit.

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 10, 2017, 01:37:12 PM

When we think of Aliens, everyone always thinks of a typical First Person Shooters with the Marines always having the upper hand, with firepower ect ect. Also the Aliens being canon fodder just like shooting fish in a barrel.

Im not talking about turning Isolation 2 in to another Aliens FPS like previous Aliens games. My idea is, you can still make Isolation 2 and keep the gaming mechanics similar to the first Isolation game and add a little Aliens in to the mix, with having a Queen as well as other type of xeno(s) that stalk you. This is why doing a character like Newt could work in an Alien Isolation type of environment. Newt is not gunna use weapons, she is going to be sneeking about avoiding Xenomorphs at all cost why she looks for food and trys to help other doomed survivors of Hadley's Hope. She could even use her own toys as devices to distract the alien(s), similar to what Amanda did in Isolation when crafting objects that make loud noises. Also Just like in the first Alien Isolation game, were you briefly get to play as another character. you could do something similar in Isolation and play as an Adult/Android so you can get to take a few aliens out with weapons and do missions that newt or a child like character is not capable of doing. You could even make it so you play as Newts mother in different sections of the game. You could even have newts mother sacrifice herself to save Newt later in the game. Or even have a beated up  Working Joe helping you to survive when all the other humans are gone. So many possibilities of having Isolation on Hadley's or a similar type of environment just like what we see in Aliens.

I loved the first Isolation game it was a great game. However, we're do we go with Amanda Ripley if she survived that ending in the first game? Yes you could do more to her story like going after Weyland Yutani... But will we end up getting another Hide and Seek 15 hour story campaign just like the first game that we already played as Amanda? Or do we go with another character with fresh ideas? I'm not saying ignore Amanda's Story but the will have to give us something different with gameplay and story so we don't have a carbon copy of the first game. By giving us a character like Newt or another Child, it changes the gameplay in  different ways. like the Alien(s) don't always kill you, the can also take you to the hive. The 8foot Xenomorphs suddenly become even taller and more scary because of the height of the child. A child can get in to spaces were Adults can't. Being small, the Aliens don't always detect you as quickly as they would if you were an adult giving you some advantages over Adults that are still alive inside the colony.

GreybackElder

I'd love to see an Alien Isolation 2 that follows the events that unfold at Hadley's Hope. Perhaps you play as Newt trying to survive by sticking to vents and air shafts. Or perhaps you play as a Colonist Security guard trying to contain the Infestation. Either way it has to happen SOON!!

Mr. Clemens

I'll never understand the desire to play as Newt in Hadley's Hope. Seeing a little girl get torn apart every time I make a mistake just does not sound like a good time to me.

Kimo

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 16, 2017, 02:01:43 PM
I'll never understand the desire to play as Newt in Hadley's Hope. Seeing a little girl get torn apart every time I make a mistake just does not sound like a good time to me.
Takes you away to hive, drags you away in to darkness. You could have different animations showing Newt getting dragged away. You don't have to see her getting ripped apart. Save then animations for human size chrecters.

Mr. Clemens

Still, it's violence toward children. I can only tolerate that shit in my entertainment in small doses.

To each their own I suppose, but it would be an absolute would-not-buy for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed