NECA & Hot Toys Reveal Ripley Figures at SDCC 2014

Started by Darkness, Jul 25, 2014, 07:59:08 PM

Author
NECA & Hot Toys Reveal Ripley Figures at SDCC 2014 (Read 8,299 times)

Darkness

NECA and Hot Toys have both showcased their upcoming Alien and Predator figures at San Diego Comic-Con 2014. NECA have given us our first look at their 7″ Ripley figures (based on Sigourney Weaver, obviously) – one version is with Jonesy the cat and the flamethrower, and the other in her spacesuit. We also get a clear look at Dallas, Kane, Bishop, the Alien 3 Alien and Queen Alien from Aliens. Not sure when the Ripley figures will be released but the others are supposed to be shipping this month while the Queen will be shipping in October. On the Predator side, they’ve showcased Predator Series 12 compromising the Enforcer, Bad Blood and the Predator 2 Elder figures due out in September. Series 13 includes Cracked Tusk, Renegade and Scavenge due for release in December.

NECA Ripley Sigourney Weaver Figure Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68 NECA Ripley Sigourney Weaver Figure Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

Meanwhile, Hot Toys have showcased their 1/6 scale Ripley figures. One version is based on Alien with Jonesy the cat and one in the iconic Power Loader from Aliens. There’s also the Ancient Predator on display (based on the Predator in the flashback sequence in 2004’s Alien vs Predator) and an Elder Predator from the Predator series. They’re due for release before the end of the year.

Hot Toys Ripley Sigourney Weaver Figure Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68 Hot Toys Ripley Sigourney Weaver Figure Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

Corporal Hicks

Absolutely loving the NECA stuff. I might actually have to pick up a bunch of these new figures,

Darkness

I tend to prefer the Hot Toys stuff. Just way too expensive.

Gridseeker

:o Holy crap! The new Power Loader by Hot Toys looks so sexy!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 26, 2014, 08:11:53 PM
I tend to prefer the Hot Toys stuff. Just way too expensive.

Indeed. I'd much rather just pay a 10er for the NECA stuff.

NewMutant

Wow, Hot Toys really took some of the wind out of NECA's sails with their ripley reveals. I wonder if they are re-releasing the whole Power Loader or just a new Aliens Ripley. The Hot Toys Alien version of Ripley is just stunning.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed