The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 106,957 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2014, 03:20:49 PM
Don't think it's quite as big a kick in the teeth but I just expect it.

We'll, you have actually played the game and talked to the people who made it so you're in a better position to judge the direction the story will take.

WinterActual

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jun 13, 2014, 03:21:46 PM

Revolvers don't fire .45, They fire .22, .357, .38, .44 (and I think .50). There are also revolvers now that can fire 8 rounds at .44 if I am correct.

Sure - http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_786049_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2014, 11:55:14 AM
and ever agile Xeno?

Tbh I never saw the xeno in A:I to be that agile. It moves kinda fast as the xenos in AvP2010 SP. Its nowhere near fast as the xenos in AvP 1 or 2.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 13, 2014, 10:13:39 AMThis alien is a meter taller than Giger's Alien...
I have to interject here. CA increased the Alien's height by 1 to 1.5 feet. Not meter.

Which was an unnecessary decision, IMO. 8 feet tall is plenty big. I'm 6'6" and that towers over me.

UDA

Remember that Vasquez killed an alien at point blank with a pistol though.

But against that point of the alien being immortal, they are on a space station, I'm sure whatever security firearms they were using were designed to penetrate soft targets, and not anything hardened (such as a ship hull). I've always thought that the alien, being a bio-mechanical thing, would have a higher concentration of metals in it's composition. Even humans requires basic things such as iron in our diet. This is my weak theory... The aliens grow at a very quick rate, but they would prefer to keep victims alive for hosts instead of outright killing them, so they have to get their nutrition somewhere. Nothing grows without taking in something first. So I've always thought that xenomorphs take in part of their environment, and maybe that's an explanation for the acid blood, to break down those metals. So if an alien is on a ship, where there's alot of iron or aluminum or steel, they break down small pieces of metal to feed on (the bio part of their bio-mechanical process directs this). So if I'm even vaguely guessing right, these aliens would have tougher carapaces, which means they're not soft targets, which might mean that a weapon designed to not penetrate the hull of a space station would have a difficult time breaking through their skin. Where as something meant for military grade, such as light armor piercing rounds that were used in Aliens, would make short work of them.

Maybe that's why the pistol won't kill this Alien in this game.

Everyone's going to prove me wrong in 3...  2...  1...

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 13, 2014, 05:54:40 PM
Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 13, 2014, 10:13:39 AMThis alien is a meter taller than Giger's Alien...
I have to interject here. CA increased the Alien's height by 1 to 1.5 feet. Not meter.

Which was an unnecessary decision, IMO. 8 feet tall is plenty big. I'm 6'6" and that towers over me.
It's good that they additionally made it taller rather than purposefully minimized it to a puppy dog size in order to shoehorn that QTE struggle in Colonial Marines. Besides, I don't think it violates canon in any way. It is logically possible for Aliens to exhibit different length.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2014, 06:18:36 PM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 13, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

It's good that they additionally made it taller rather than purposefully minimized it to a puppy dog size in order to shoehorn that QTE struggle in Colonial Marines. Besides, I don't think it violates canon in any way. It is logically possible for Aliens to exhibit different length.
It sure beats the mindless, human-sized weaklings they've been portrayed as in video games. :D

WinterActual

Btw who came up with that idea of the xeno being the same from Alien ??? Thats one of the sickest ideas I've ever heard  :laugh:

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2014, 04:44:13 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jun 13, 2014, 03:21:46 PM

Revolvers don't fire .45, They fire .22, .357, .38, .44 (and I think .50). There are also revolvers now that can fire 8 rounds at .44 if I am correct.

Sure - http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_786049_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2014, 11:55:14 AM
and ever agile Xeno?

Tbh I never saw the xeno in A:I to be that agile. It moves kinda fast as the xenos in AvP2010 SP. Its nowhere near fast as the xenos in AvP 1 or 2.

Whoops. Thought revolvers didn't fire .45.

WinterActual

They are not very common  :)

Kimarhi

that particular revolver also shoots .410 shotgun shells.  I almost bought one before deciding on my semi-auto px4 instead. 

PsyKore

I'm just hoping the Alien at least reacts to getting shot, even if it's just a little screechy cry noise, like the Alien's version of "Oi watch it, you f**ka!" :P If he doesn't react, just walks through it, it will break the immersion.

SM

QuoteRemember that Vasquez killed an alien at point blank with a pistol though.

12 shots, about half right in the side of the head.  And it was still thrashing about.  And it crippled her.

QuoteI've always thought that the alien, being a bio-mechanical thing, would have a higher concentration of metals in it's composition.

The skin they shed doesn't appear especially metallic.

Sometimes bullets bounce off, sometimes they don't.  Too many variables like the type of ammo, range, and where you hit it.

OpenMaw

The skin thing is easy.

As Ash states, they shed their skin and replace it with "polarized silicon" and it's implied within that very dialogue that it's a response to being in our environment. Though that was just him theorising. It could just as easily be that Aliens harden and develop their more mechanical traits as they grow. As Giger's thought processes went on the design having it almost be like a "suit of armor."

NickisSmart

Maybe the developers will ignore everything that happens in Aliens and do whatever they want.

WinterActual

The game takes place before Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed