NECA: Ripley

Started by Johnny Utah, Feb 18, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

Author
NECA: Ripley (Read 1,531 times)

Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah

This deserves its own thread.

ALIEN 35TH ANNIVERSARY
As part of the 35th anniversary celebration of the ground-breaking movie ALIEN, NECA will release the first-ever action figures of main character Ellen Ripley that feature the likeness and approval of actress Sigourney Weaver, who was nominated for an Oscar® and Golden Globe® for ALIENS in 1987. Initial plans include a figure of Ripley in her Nostromo jumpsuit from the original 1979 film, to be followed later by a Ripley figure based on the 1986 movie ALIENS, directed by James Cameron. Prototypes will debut later this summer at San Diego Comic-Con.

The celebration will continue through the year, with a special 35th Anniversary figure appearing in each series of Alien 7" action figures. Visitors to the booth got a rare peek at Series 3, scheduled for July; Series 4 is slated for autumn.

NECA also revealed a spectacular summer treat for fans: two Deluxe 35th Anniversary releases, both completely in scale with the main action figure line. The massive Alien Queen Ultra Deluxe Boxed Action Figure will arrive in July, shortly before the release of the iconic Power Loader exoskeleton, which is famously used by Lt. Ripley to battle the Alien Queen in one of the most thrilling scenes in the 1987 movie.

shadowedge

shadowedge

This is awesome! Finally we get an official Ripley with Sigourney's likeness.

The Kenner one didn't look a lot like her and neither did the Alien Resurrection one.

This is great news. I hope that Neca does her justice. A lot of their Alien and Predator figures have good sculpts but pretty bad paint. Mrs. Weaver deserves the best of both, especially for the first official figure of her likeness.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

We shouldn't have separate threads for Aliens, Colonial Marines, and Ripley, considering they are all released mixed together.  Would be more simple.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: shadowedge on Feb 19, 2014, 02:12:46 AM
This is awesome! Finally we get an official Ripley with Sigourney's likeness.

The Kenner one didn't look a lot like her and neither did the Alien Resurrection one.
Ehhh... I always felt the Resurrection one was close enough.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

This is cool news and all, but I personally have no plans really to collect any of the human characters unless they make

1) The entire cast of 'Alien'

2) Every single character who went to LV-426 in 'Aliens', including a Newt figure.

And if they make all of these, I would be SUPER interested. It's all or nothing though... every character, or none at all. Surely Neca can make the entire 'Alien' cast. Now that would be awesome. But I gotta say the figures in the spacesuits are nice, but only a bonus. I want the Nostromo crew in the regular clothing they wore around the ship.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: StayFrosty on Feb 19, 2014, 03:24:17 AM
This is cool news and all, but I personally have no plans really to collect any of the human characters unless they make

1) The entire cast of 'Alien'

2) Every single character who went to LV-426 in 'Aliens', including a Newt figure.

And if they make all of these, I would be SUPER interested. It's all or nothing though... every character, or none at all. Surely Neca can make the entire 'Alien' cast. Now that would be awesome. But I gotta say the figures in the spacesuits are nice, but only a bonus. I want the Nostromo crew in the regular clothing they wore around the ship.
Just be patient my friend. All things in good time :)

Overall, I'm really pleased. Today's a wonderful age to be a collector. This is something that the digital age can't and won't replace and for that I'm most grateful.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 19, 2014, 02:16:10 AM
We shouldn't have separate threads for Aliens, Colonial Marines, and Ripley, considering they are all released mixed together.  Would be more simple.
This.

Should be:
NECA: Predator Series
NECA: Alien Series

Might make sense to have all these separate ones if NECA released them as separate series, but it's Predator Series 1-14 so far w/ Predator, Predator 2, Predators, humans & predators all mixed.  Alien Series 1-4 so far w/ Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, humans, androids, & aliens all mixed.

Love coming here to read and occasionally post, but it takes more effort than it should to find the right thread.  Only to then almost post about dutch in the predator thread or go to NECA Aliens thinking I'll read about NECA's Ripley announcement............

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Johnny Utah on Feb 18, 2014, 07:16:31 PM
This deserves its own thread.

ALIEN 35TH ANNIVERSARY
As part of the 35th anniversary celebration of the ground-breaking movie ALIEN, NECA will release the first-ever action figures of main character Ellen Ripley that feature the likeness and approval of actress Sigourney Weaver, who was nominated for an Oscar® and Golden Globe® for ALIENS in 1987. Initial plans include a figure of Ripley in her Nostromo jumpsuit from the original 1979 film, to be followed later by a Ripley figure based on the 1986 movie ALIENS, directed by James Cameron. Prototypes will debut later this summer at San Diego Comic-Con.

The celebration will continue through the year, with a special 35th Anniversary figure appearing in each series of Alien 7" action figures. Visitors to the booth got a rare peek at Series 3, scheduled for July; Series 4 is slated for autumn.

NECA also revealed a spectacular summer treat for fans: two Deluxe 35th Anniversary releases, both completely in scale with the main action figure line. The massive Alien Queen Ultra Deluxe Boxed Action Figure will arrive in July, shortly before the release of the iconic Power Loader exoskeleton, which is famously used by Lt. Ripley to battle the Alien Queen in one of the most thrilling scenes in the 1987 movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU#

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: StayFrosty on Feb 19, 2014, 03:24:17 AM
Up to and including all 157 colonists other than Newt.

GO BIG OR GO HOME.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed