Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 98,613 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 10, 2014, 01:45:24 AM
*COUGH*

And Bradley Thompson and David Weddle penned a 600 page script for A:CM.

*COUGH*
Neumann never used it.

ikarop

Part of the narration stayed, just very very little. Point is that having a good writer involved doesn't matter if his work is ignored or altered so fingers crossed.

Valaquen

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 10, 2014, 02:01:11 AM
Part of the narration stayed, just very very little. Point is that having a good writer involved doesn't matter if his work is ignored or altered so fingers crossed.
Yes, I'm with you on that point.

szkoki

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 09, 2014, 10:04:00 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 09, 2014, 09:26:43 PM
CAS doesnt have an official twitter or facebook page? we should tell them the growling Alien takes away from the tension
They do.

I personally don't think there's any problem with using growls from other sources, just using Alien wouldn't give much variety. I'm fairly certain I heard the screech from when Dallas sees the alien in the vents too, that'll be terrifying in-game.

just tweeted them with respect to tweak the Alien sound

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 10, 2014, 02:01:11 AM

Do you happen to know how much their story differed from the finished product?

ikarop

I remember being told that the the early script took you from a futuristic San Francisco, to Phobos and to various planets where WY was salvaging Derelict ships and tech. Also that Gibson's script was utilized at some point in the beginning, you fought both WY and UPP. You can see some traces of this in the Alien: Infestation game.

Every time they updated the story it was a major change. IIRC the Sephora with the new batch of Marines finding the Sulaco adrift in space was the only consistent element.

reecebomb

Amazing we are getting this game after A:CM, was afraid there won't be any Alien related games released for years after last years failure.

But im also annoyed by the unfitting growls, hopefully developers will remove these. Hated the alien sounds in AVP2010.
They should implement those creepy alien breathing sounds from the movies.

underbound

I dont mind the growling noises that much. It made the xenos seem more animalistic and(if that melee system wasnt there) it would have been fitting cuz its ALIENS. But in here I do expect the alien to me near damn silent like the original.

Seegson

Gamespot preview, same as all the rest but....best HD quality i have seen so far

Amazing graphics

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/alien-isolation-gameplay-preview/2300-6416745/

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 10, 2014, 03:22:47 AM
I remember being told that the the early script took you from a futuristic San Francisco, to Phobos and to various planets where WY was salvaging Derelict ships and tech. Also that Gibson's script was utilized at some point in the beginning, you fought both WY and UPP. You can see some traces of this in the Alien: Infestation game.

Every time they updated the story it was a major change. IIRC the Sephora with the new batch of Marines finding the Sulaco adrift in space was the only consistent element.

Interesting, thanks. Sounds more interesting than what we got, that's for sure. I'm guessing it was just too big in scope for what GBX could do. That or they just wanted to bring it back to LV-426.

p1nk81cd

Holy Santa Claus Shit! I had to look behind me, 'cause this jumpstarted my long-dead childhood fear of the Alien!  :'( :-*

I see SEGA in the credits...if they rush this one, heads and eggs will roll.

SiL

Why do they keep saying they're ignoring everything not in the original movie when they've got you running around as Amanda using the same type of blowtorches seen in Aliens ... ?

The game looks good. I agree about wishing the thing actually sounded like the original Alien instead of growling, but it's not a deal breaker.

Jango1201

Quote from: szkoki on Jan 10, 2014, 02:31:03 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 09, 2014, 10:04:00 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 09, 2014, 09:26:43 PM
CAS doesnt have an official twitter or facebook page? we should tell them the growling Alien takes away from the tension
They do.

I personally don't think there's any problem with using growls from other sources, just using Alien wouldn't give much variety. I'm fairly certain I heard the screech from when Dallas sees the alien in the vents too, that'll be terrifying in-game.

just tweeted them with respect to tweak the Alien sound

Any Replies?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed