Xeno Costume Build.

Started by Byohzrd, Dec 08, 2012, 09:09:26 PM

Author
Xeno Costume Build. (Read 13,702 times)

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Hello there galaxy members!

My name is Frankie, aka Byohzrd aka Rabbit. I am a young artist living in southern new jersey, and i would like to share some Wip shots of an alien costume I'm building. Not trying to go for any particular movie accuracy, more of a custom xeno build. Partially inspired by the rumors of "create-a-xeno" upgrades in Colonial Marines. I thought its about time to add a bit of personalization to the alien costuming community, much like is seen in the Predator costuming boards. Let me know what you guys think, any tips, or suggestions are more then welcome!

I've already shared this build with the HuntersLair and The RPF. here are links to the threads
http://www.therpf.com/f24/rabbits-alien-build-169078/
http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/29183-alien-costume-build/

Also a tumblr page, for those who use it,
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/xenosinthebackroom

Again any criticisms or critiques are appreciated! Lemme know what yous guys think!  ;D

SiL

SiL

I think the long black tube works better than the short red one, although both together would probably look great. Looks more along the lines of the AvPR heads, but it's impressive work so far!

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2012, 09:24:13 PM
I think the long black tube works better than the short red one, although both together would probably look great. Looks more along the lines of the AvPR heads, but it's impressive work so far!

I red tube is there on the movie heads, gonna put both in there. just working out the shapes and different tube styles. the black tube is a vaccum hose and a real pain to work with, the red tube is a siphon pump, theres another piece to it, but i need to take a heat gun to it and reshape it a bit.

SiL

SiL

That's what I meant with "both would look better", for that classic look. It looked like that's where you were going with it, but I wasn't sure.

The ridges you've got are closer to the AvPR style; the Aliens ridges don't connect to the bones at the top of the head.

What are you making it out of? Is the structure you're sculpting onto made of papier mache or something?

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

its a pepakura model based off one of the models from the Aliens Vs Predator 2010 game, which was a great way to save some time and clay, but the way its shaped it really causes problems with going for accuracy.

SiL

SiL

I'd never heard of pepakura, but now YouTube has taught me enough to make me very, very interested.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: SiL on Dec 09, 2012, 04:09:20 AM
I'd never heard of pepakura, but now YouTube has taught me enough to make me very, very interested.

O_____O

Sil. DUDE.

Its SO EASY. The THINGS YOU CAN MAKE.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/22195-new-predator-pepakura-armour-ready-for-download/
just go there, and read. Theres SO MANY files. Pepakura really is such an incredible tool, its like prototyping. I made myself a master cheif helmet last year, and a Guy Manuel helmet from Daft Punk.

Anyway, here are some updates on the xeno. The front part of the head I've decided is going to be a dome, after i mold this I want to take a resin cast and vacuum form a dome.

these were attached pretty quickly, waiting for the clay to dry up a bit, then go in and clean it up a bit.

SiL

SiL

The second I saw it I thought "Man, I could make a Predator. People would totally have files by now." And lo, they do.

What are you going to use for the lips, do you know? So many fan suits don't end up having any.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

well i would like to cast a face in resin, and sculpt the lips and cast them in latex. or maybe silicone.

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

That is some beautiful work... Gunna keep an eye on this one for sure!

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

taking a step back for a few days, gonna let some of the creative juices settle, got a bunch of ideas rattlin around. Gonna look into silicone molding perhaps do a run for anyone who would like a cast in resin, or latex. Also taking this time to sketch some ideas mainly concerning the dome area and the lower jaw.
something more skeletal. as for the lips and the tendons, they will all be one wrap around latex piece.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Freaking awesome. Can't wait to see this fully complete.

Nrage

Nrage

Looks like you got an excellent start, will you be fashioning just the head or do you plan an entire costume?  :)

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Planning a full costume. Shooting for a halloween '13 deadline. If theres any interest, I'll be offering casts to whomever wants them as i finish the pieces.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Byohzrd on Dec 11, 2012, 12:35:11 PM
Planning a full costume. Shooting for a halloween '13 deadline. If theres any interest, I'll be offering casts to whomever wants them as i finish the pieces.

Please get in touch with Stingray!!!!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=44567.0

I know that he badly needs a Xeno suit!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed