Prometheus H.R. Giger Artwork Preview

Started by ikarop, Oct 01, 2012, 11:13:31 PM

Author
Prometheus H.R. Giger Artwork Preview (Read 47,574 times)

ikarop

H.R. Giger lent his talent for Prometheus, Ridley Scott wanted to involve him in any way he could but ultimately most of the artwork created by the Swiss artist was left unused due time constrictions. Now you can see a small selection of H.R. Giger’s Prometheus artwork which will be featured in the upcoming Prometheus Blu-ray release this October.

Click below to see the exclusive preview images here first and make sure to pre-order your copy of the Blu-ray to see the full gallery featuring over 20 new images.

Nightmare Asylum

Whoa...That stuff is really cool. I'd love to see some more detailed versions.

Space7Horror

The one in the upper right hand corner looks like the deacon

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 01, 2012, 11:17:30 PM
Quotehttp://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Giger-3.jpg

Erghhh...I'm in love.

I wonder what that would have been...It looks bit too feminine to be Fifield...?

hardcorps54

reminds me a wee bit of sil from species, still very interesting , you can see where he influenced some of the designs , but like in alien 3 his more elaborate designs were prob too much for ridley

StrangeShape

Those are really good. Shame his work wasnt used

Virgil

These aren't all that great, IMO. I much prefer what we got.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 01, 2012, 11:24:19 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 01, 2012, 11:17:30 PM
Quotehttp://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Giger-3.jpg

Erghhh...I'm in love.

I wonder what that would have been...It looks bit too feminine to be Fifield...?

I think there's a feminine look to his "people" in general. It might be Fifield, because of the tattoo looking things on the forehead.  I like the toothed tongue...reminds me of his concepts for Alien 3.

Quote from: Virgil on Oct 01, 2012, 11:29:24 PM
These aren't all that great, IMO. I much prefer what we got.

Agreed - the engineer's biosuit and the hammerpede looked very in-universe...but I think some stuff here, like the penis worm or the Sil-Fifield might've been cool to see on film as well if done right.

I like how the strange baby-like creature on the bottom left looks like it's doing an Alien 1979 crabwalk.

Nightmare Asylum

Is the baby like creature the baby Trilobite, I wonder?

Virgil

Virgil

MrSpaceJockey - Heh! Funnily enough, I'd love to see what he had in mind for the Engineer! It seems like they approached Giger a little late in the day unfortunately. 

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 01, 2012, 11:43:27 PM
Is the baby like creature the baby Trilobite, I wonder?

I was originally thinking Fifield or the Deacon. It's a pretty crazy concept if it is the trilobite!

Blacklabel

Waaa! Nice drawings :) I like the alternate head for the Deacon :P

The "baby" is the trilobite, i reckon? :P Or alternate Fifield? Or maybe some "lost" creature from the Jon Spaihts drafts :P

The Hammerpedes look lovely :)

thecaffeinatedone

They're okay. Not great IMO.

LarsVader

Looks very much like the CGI-Fifield from the cutting room floor to me.
Elongated limbs, giant baby-head, weird eyes, ugly teeth, strange crab-like posture/walk, etc..

And what about this?

thecaffeinatedone

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed