Favourite Predator Weapon?

Started by Dekapitator, Jan 27, 2007, 05:48:43 PM

What's your favorite Predator weapon?

Wristblades (P1/P2/AvP/AvPR/Predators)
292 (41.2%)
Shoulder Cannon (P1/P2/AvP/AvPR/Predators)
164 (23.1%)
Combstick (P2)
62 (8.7%)
Speargun (P2)
10 (1.4%)
Netgun (P2)
27 (3.8%)
Disc (P2)
66 (9.3%)
Shuriken (AvP/AvPR)
39 (5.5%)
Wrist gauntlet projectile (P2)
3 (0.4%)
Self-destruct device (P1/P2/AvP)
13 (1.8%)
Whip (AVPR)
27 (3.8%)
Laser Mines (AvPR)
0 (0%)
Power Glove (AvPR)
6 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 644

Author
Favourite Predator Weapon? (Read 84,983 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I loved them. I liked 'em better than the disk!  :o

Darkness

Darkness

I didn't. I didn't like the Japanese influences at all in AvP. Give me the Disc any day.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Do we think Anderson took the Samurai/Japanese influences too far?

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, there was no need for it. He changed too much about the Predators.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I thought it was a nice twist on the disk. Although, I agree, don't like what PA did to the preds (or tried to do)

Predator Punk

Predator Punk

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2007, 04:01:24 PM
Do we think Anderson took the Samurai/Japanese influences too far?

What was Japanese other than the shuriken?

Darkness

Darkness

The jump at the end as well with the Queen.

But the Japanese Angle was Anderson's vision for the Predators.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it was more Anderson attempting to include the Yautja culture.

ButtZilla

ButtZilla

Wristblades!!! So cool, high tech!!!  ;D

As far as the Disk and Shuriken, it doesn't really matter to me. Could have both on your arsenal.

I liked the ninja or assasin style of the Predators.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: ButtZilla on Feb 05, 2007, 02:47:49 AM
I liked the ninja or assasin style of the Predators.

I didn't. It was too human and it doesen't even fit the Predator IMO.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ would you rather have them act as WWE wrestlers then ? exactly what do you believe their style is ?

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

well the Predators aren't ninjas or assassins in any way. They're hunters as originally shown in the movies. Well maybe a bit assassin. On the original topic my fav weapon is the combi spear hands down. ;D

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I say their weapon fludity, agility, acrobatics, and masters of all forms of combat is similar to samurai. But is still very unique and is only 2nd to jedi and Spartans IMO.  ;D (well Preds and Spartans are pretty equal)

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Feb 07, 2007, 01:46:57 AM
^ would you rather have them act as WWE wrestlers then ? exactly what do you believe their style is ?

Their style is not a "space samurai's" one like shown in the comics (and the one PA tried to introduce into AVP, mixed with a Ninja element like the Shuriken, and an assasin-like element like the noose).
Don't get me wrong though I really liked the Shuriken.
I believe the Predator's style is one of a mysterious "extraterrestrial hunter's", as seen in the 1st and 2nd Predator movies. That does include agility of course (Predators are quite agile as shown in P1 and P1) but not as in who knows what samurai moves.

But if you want to compare the Predator to a Samurai or a Ninja, the Predator is more Ninja-ish. Ninja didn't have the code of honor Samurai had, they sneaked and killed from behind, just as the Predator did a few times in the movies. (When he killed Blain for example) Ninja where also clever and sneaky, like the Predator.
The only thing that's Samurai-like in the Preds are their weapons: Samurai had the best swords, just as Predators have the best/most advanced weapons for hunting.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I could live with the ninja similarities. but the Preds have their own unqiue martial art, hopefully in AVP2 we'll see more of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed