Good shows cancelled too soon and crap ones that lasted too long

Started by HappyAlien, Apr 10, 2012, 10:56:48 AM

Author
Good shows cancelled too soon and crap ones that lasted too long (Read 14,001 times)

RagingDragon

Quote from: MykeHavoc on Apr 10, 2012, 07:16:31 PM
Actually it was 3. And a fourth season as well as a film are being produced as we speak.
Oh my god awesome.  There are certain benefits to being behind the times, like discovering new shows that are actually old. :laugh:

Alienseseses

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 11, 2012, 12:19:30 AM
Spectacular Spiderman, anyone?  :'( 

Yes. Very. Knife in wound.

I hope Fringe lasts.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: BioMech on Apr 10, 2012, 04:06:56 PM
TF:Animated
R.I.P. you weird looking masterpiece.

Tch, wished they did it sooner.

Two and a Half Men should have ended after the fourth or fifth season.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

DB Kai should have lasted long since they give fans a good dub for once and it was much faster then the original DBZ anime which was pretty slow due to it's filler.

RazorSlash

The Spectacular Spider-Man. It shouldn't have ended when it did. Especially considering a third season was already in pre-production.

Snowdog

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 11, 2012, 04:36:13 AM
DB Kai should have lasted long since they give fans a good dub for once and it was much faster then the original DBZ anime which was pretty slow due to it's filler.

Yeah but it was always supposed to end with cell. My only problem was that some dead scenes where less effective in kai than in Z. For instance piccolo's sacrifice so 17 could get away.

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 11, 2012, 02:18:28 AM

I hope Fringe lasts.

ditto, Fringe is probably my favourite current show.

it recently won some readers choice award so it better not get cancelled

Stargate Universe and Sarah Conner Chronicles are the 2 big ones that i feel got canned too soon.

say what you will about shows like Firefly or Dollhouse getting canned too soon, but in both cases the show managed to find closure, SGU and SCC did not.

although saying that SGU got canned too soon, i feel SG1, which at one point was my favourite show ever, probably went on too long by about 2 seasons.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 11, 2012, 09:19:56 AM

i feel SG1, which at one point was my favourite show ever, probably went on too long by about 2 seasons.

I loved SG-1, but think it should of ended when RDA stopped being the main star.

King Rathalos

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 11, 2012, 04:36:13 AM

Oh man, this. THIS! I mean for once Frieza was finally a terrifying enemy that didn't make me want to make fun of his voice.

Quote from: coolbreeze on Apr 11, 2012, 09:34:30 AM

i feel SG1, which at one point was my favourite show ever, probably went on too long by about 2 seasons.

I loved SG-1, but think it should of ended when RDA stopped being the main star.

that was the end of season 7, he basically phones in season 8, but i think season 8 was a very important season for tying up both Goa'uld and Replicator story lines, season 9 was basically a pointless reboot,

Keg

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 11, 2012, 02:18:28 AM

I hope Fringe lasts.

ditto, Fringe is probably my favourite current show.

it recently won some readers choice award so it better not get cancelled

Stargate Universe and Sarah Conner Chronicles are the 2 big ones that i feel got canned too soon.

say what you will about shows like Firefly or Dollhouse getting canned too soon, but in both cases the show managed to find closure, SGU and SCC did not.

although saying that SGU got canned too soon, i feel SG1, which at one point was my favourite show ever, probably went on too long by about 2 seasons.

That's whats more annoying when a show gets cancelled and never gets the chance to wrap everything up. At least Firefly got the opportunity to do it with a movie and Dollhouse I think managed to tell its whole story although ive only watched the first 10 episodes, I need to get back to watching the rest.

Alienseseses

I remember liking Invasion, bugged that it ended when it did.

The 4400 was great, too.

TheMonolith

Eerie Indiana
This show was pure gold. It was spooky, funny, fresh and full of great satirical wit. It featured a stand out performance by its young lead, had a vastly varying tone from edpisode to episode, and had an overall feel I have never seen before or since.
And it only lasted a season and a half.
In this season and a half we had an uprising by dogs against their human masters, the uncovering of a conspiracy where it turned out all misplaced items are stolen by special operatives to help the economy,
a demon named Donald Chagenlagenhagenflagen getting everyone in the town to buy things on credit so he could take their souls when they fail to pay, kids being transformed into zombies by donning reading glasses, a tornado named Old Bob that attacked a town every year that was only appeased by a picnic being thrown in its honor, and the list goes on and on.
If it is any consolation, one of the final episodes did serve as a decent ending, though I really would have loved to see what other ideas the writers could have cooked up.
It was genius.

KiramidHead

Clerks: The Animated Series

Only six episodes were made, and only two were ever aired. Every single one of them is comedy gold, especially the trial one with the ending that's completely insane.

Veritas: The Quest

Every episode involved tracking down an archaeological site that contained some kind of secret before the bad guys could get it. Arnold Vosloo was the man on this show, kicking all kinds of a** every episode. The biggest crime is, it hasn't even gotten a DVD release.

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 11, 2012, 02:39:31 PM
I remember liking Invasion, bugged that it ended when it did.

The 4400 was great, too.

yeah Invasion was good, it had a good cast and was clever, 4400 was good too but i think it got mostly tied up in season 4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed