Ethon, the eagle of Zeus

Started by Lonely Universe, Mar 18, 2012, 11:46:45 PM

Author
Ethon, the eagle of Zeus (Read 4,224 times)

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

Also sometimes referred to as Aetos Kaukasos (or Caucasus Eagle, after the mountain range it inhabited) or Aetos Dios (Just Zues's Eagle). The latter is probably not the same eagle since it seems the legend doesn't seem to link to the myth of Prometheus in any way other than it being another of Zeus's eagles, which he had an apparent affinity for.

It's just a theory, but judging by the wing like protrusions and the fact that something has to play the part of the eagle I would say that this is a highly likely candidate to be our new xenomorph.

The piece is titled 'Alien Monster IV' and can be found on page 7 of Giger's Alien. If it's so, I'm satisfied. It seems a natural evolution of the slithering creature spotted in the new trailers.

I suggest checking out this excellent blog entry on Alien Explorations where the author 'wmmvrrvrrmm' points out some intriguing details about the piece. If you've been following the Prometheus speculation you may notice some similarities to recently uncovered details and rumors.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

The other monster design in Giger's Alien has an even more overt resemblance to what we've seen of the 'snake' creature so far. Someone will help me out with a picture, I'm sure...

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

It most certainly does. I believe you are referring to the piece titled 'Alien III', which occurs just before the winged creature in Giger's succession.

I think it's a chestburster like form of the squid that is extracted from Noomi in the Autodoc. A sequence that no doubt pays homage to the mess hall scene in the original since she is later seen collapsing in front of them... in a mess hall ;)

Probably to warn them that it scampered off! I suspect that after this it becomes the slithering creature seen above and then onto it's final form, the winged beast.

AsapJockey

AsapJockey

or it could be the multi tentacled thing that fake leaked script keeps talking about.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

It's possible that the multiple tentacles would eventually become the wing like protrusions during it's growth. Judging by the excellent .gif that was recently linked to by new user Adorianu...

...and this image courtesy of Bat Chain Puller -

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 18, 2012, 06:42:55 PM
I'm counting 3. Possibly 4 tentacle like appendages.
Multiple tentacles could easily lead to multiple limbs. The Alien IV design is also widely perceived to be 'gigantic' which falls in line with alot of the rumors spilled forth by people who were supposedly close to the production.

Deuterium

Deuterium

I think it looks a bit like, well, what I like to think of as the cutest little Cephalopod of the sea...the amazing and talented Cuttlefish.

Who wouldn't want to "cuddle" with this little guy...hmmm? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqMNjUp6UeA#ws

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

1:05 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBa_GHtNB0#ws

I like the way you think EarthAngel. And I like your art too!  ;D

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

Thanks! Also that part of the TED speech gives credence to the idea that Weyland himself, or an employee, could end up being the blue guy after stealing their 'fire'. It's an idea I'm all for since it means we'll still get to see Jockeys as fans have always wanted - a separate, ancient species.

The 'suits' people have seen in the promotional material could very well be statues, something the Jockeys would have been inclined to construct since they have a giant human head sitting in their ampule room. I believe the movie will go with the Von Daniken theory and state that the SJ's seeded us on our world.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I did not realize until today that my image had cut off the dual tentacled tail section of Alien Monster III, almost negating my point about it's similarities to the extracted squid creature.

josh_axey

josh_axey

I believe that is just perspective. The tail is looping around at the end there.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I believe you are right. Back to the drawing board.

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Duuuuudde...I so hope you're right about the Eagle Alien.  That would just be so f---ing kool.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I wish I had been right, Space Jesus. I wish I had been.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Originally I wanted it to link to Epimetheus (who created all the animals, including some monsters) according to the Greek myth.

But this link of uses Zeus' Eagle presuming it is the same eagle that tortured Prometheus would be just as interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed