Aliens Infestation Announced - September 2011

Started by ikarop, Jul 20, 2011, 03:03:23 PM

Author
Aliens Infestation Announced - September 2011 (Read 18,481 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Sega just released a press release for Aliens infestation:

Press release:

QuoteIS THAT A PULSE RIFLE IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME?

SEGA Announces Aliens: Infestation for Nintendo DS – A Side-scrolling Action Adventure Set in the ALIENS Expanded Universe

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (July 20th, 2011) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced Aliens: Infestation™ for Nintendo DS™, bringing the action-packed experience of the popular ALIENS™ film series to Nintendo's best-selling handheld console in September 2011. Players will be able to recruit and play as 19 different marines, each with their own unique dialogue, and explore iconic environments including the Sulaco, the Derelict ship, and LV-426. Aliens: Infestation is an action-heavy side-scrolling exploration game and will be part of the ALIENS expanded universe.

Developed by WayForward in collaboration with Gearbox Software, Aliens: Infestation will pit players against the overwhelming Xenomorph hive using a vast selection of iconic weapons and tools from the series. Featuring character designs by popular comic artist Chris Bachalo and equipped with an upgrade and collectibles system, Aliens: Infestation will allow players to explore large-scale versions of some of the most fan-beloved environments of the iconic films.

"In contrast to our other Aliens title in the works at the moment, Aliens: Infestation delivers a game that focuses more on exploration of the expanded universe," comments Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing, SEGA West. "WayForward really put all their passion into making Aliens: Infestation the definitive Aliens experience that you can fit in your pocket."

Aliens: Infestation will be available September 2011 on Nintendo DS. For more information about the game, please visit www.sega.com/aliensinfestation.

QuoteGAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

Immerse yourself in the Aliens universe on Nintendo DS in this action-packed, platform shooter with a hardcore, retro feel and a deep storyline that tailors itself to your game.

Lead your own specially selected team of Colonial Marines into action to rescue captured comrades and battle hordes of Xenomorphs with a vast array of weaponry from the legendary Aliens film title.

Can you handle the tension and terror which meets you at every level?

Game features

The Aliens Universe
The Aliens universe provides a setting full of horror, suspense and action. Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including the Sulaco and LV-426, the player will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric world where any moment could bring their death.

Deep & rewarding combat
Wield authentic weapons from the films, including the pulse rifle, smart gun, flamethrower and more. Use cover and blindfire to outshoot Xenos or sneak through the Sulaco in stealth missions – but watch out for Xenos lurking in the dark.

Build your own squad of Colonial Marines
Recruit up to twenty individual Colonial Marines with distinct personalities, each designed by famed comic artist Chris Bachalo. Race to rescue captured comrades in five realtime minutes before they are implanted with Xenos.

Dynamic story system
Storyline and dialogue will change depending on who you have chosen for your team. Who will be able to stand up to the Xeno horde – and who will be dragged away to the hive?

Classic arcade feel
Aliens: Infestation features 2D side-scrolling gameplay in the style of Metroid or Castlevania with an arcade, retro feel. This couples with a deep combat system and extensive narrative to make this the ultimate in fan-service.

locusta

FINALLY!

The end of ego-shooters is near. Back to the roots!

newbeing

I'm totally excited for this game. September release date is a total win!

Jay Thomas

It's a bummer that this won't be for 3DS, but it'll be a day one purchase nevertheless!

Bat Chain Puller

There are like ... 3 DS's collecting dust in my house. None of them are mine. I've never looked at, purchased, or thought of purchasing a game for it ... until now. I'm sure I can quietly commandeer one of those bad boys to get this game on. 

How much to new DS games typically run?

Corporal Hicks

I'd imagine around £30? I'm not a DS gamer but I'll be borrowing Mrs Hicks' pink DS for this. I'm looking forward to this. Should be an interesting experience. I look forward to reviewing this.

MarcusVerus

Looks interesting. Maybe this is the beginning of a new era of Aliens games made for the DS (I hope it is).

Sexy Poot

Getting this day one. The Metroid and Alien series are both my favorite franchises and this looks to be combining both into one.

Corporal Hicks

It's very reminiscent of the Alien 3 side-scrollers

Fujimaster

I hope this comes out on Andriod

Sexy Poot

I like how all the aliens in the artwork are copied and pasted straight from Colonial Marines  :laugh:

cloverfan98

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!! LETS ROCK!!!!!!!

G8RSG1

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2011, 06:09:51 PM
It's very reminiscent of the Alien 3 side-scrollers

Ah the good ol' days :P Never could beat Alien 3 though, lol.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Epic! Well, it looks like that old cancelled Aliens DS project got resurrected, yeah? :D Or it never really WAS cancelled! :o

delsaber8

to bad it's for the DS.lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed