I finally figured it out.

Started by Faceburster, Jul 01, 2009, 10:04:19 PM

Author
I finally figured it out. (Read 3,125 times)

Faceburster

Faceburster

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post (so be gentle).
After I spent a nice girlfriend-free day sitting around in my underwear watching the Alien quadrilogy, I couldn't help but think how f**ked up and incosistent the Alien's life cycle is. Being the type of person who like his fantasy to be legit as possible, I felt obligated to explain why (even if only to myself). The following is what I came up with. It doesn't contradict the movies in any way save 2:

1. I'm guessing at the birth,implantation, molt times. They are all over the place in the movies and several factors could cause that (human genetics in Alien Res, Predator steroids in AVP). I tried to get as close as possible.
2. The Strause bros explanation of the Predalien as a young queen going through a phase never made sense to me. I love the design of the predalien, the face-rape is horrifying, and being a fan of the predator franchise as well, I like this monster. But the Face-rape doesn't fit in the context of the alien life cycle. If it can do that, why even bother laying eggs? I have my own theory.

The enigmatic Jockey race made use of sophisticated biomechanical technology. Spaceships, weapons and structures were "grown" rather than "built". Their most deadly creation (and for all we know the one that wiped them out) was the living biomechanical weapons that have become known as the Xenomorph. A deadly and highly adaptable hive-minded creature whos only instinct was to expand thier hive, and in the process, destroy indigeionous populations of entire planets. The method used was to load large amounts of Xenomorph Eggs onto their biomechanical ships of the type we've come to call "the Derilect" and drop them like bombs en masse into heavily populated areas. I'll start the life-cycle at the Egg...

Egg-(seen in all movies but AVPR)
-holds and nourishes Facehugger.Can keep it in stasis for centuries.

Facehugger-(seen in all movies)
-infects host with Chestburster in 6 hours and dies.

Chestburster-(seen in all movies)
-emerges in 6 hours.
- Molts into Drone by default (if no Queen is present) or Warrior (if Queen is present) in 6 hours.

Drone-(seen in Alien, Alien Res, AVP)
- A smooth-headed "Worker/Drone" caste. Builds hive, produces Eggs from hosts if no Queen is present, fertilizes Royal Eggs, captures hosts and defends hive if no Warriors are present.
-Can produce massive amounts of hive resin from the vanes on it's back to build the hive and cocoon hosts.
-Can transform a host into an Egg in 10 hours
-3 Drones, after building a small hive can transform an Egg into a Royal Egg in 6 hours.
-is at least moderately intelligent. Drones have been shown to employ simple tactics and rogue Drones will cooperate in forming a hive and Royal Egg in a Queen's absence.

Royal Egg-(seen in Alien 3)
-holds and nourishes Royal Facehugger.Can keep it in stasis for centuries.

Royal Facehugger-(seen in Alien 3)
-Infects host with Queen Chestburster in 6 hours and detaches
-Infects second host with Runner Chestburster in 4 hours and dies.

Runner Chestburster-(seen in Alien 3)
-emerges in 4 hours
-Molts into Runner in 4 hours

Queen Chestburster-(seen in Alien 3)
-emerges in 48 hours
-Molts into Queen in 48 hours

Runner-(seen in Alien 3)
- A smoothe-headed, extremely fast, quadrepedal caste with a short lifespan best described as a "Royal Watchdog".
-Cannot produce hive resin as it lacks the vanes on it's back
-Develops from embryo to Runner very rapidly and acts as the developing Queen's guardian, keeping watch on her host and killing any threat to it. Protects Queen Chestburster during molting.
-Dies soon after the Queen Chestburster molts into a Queen.
-is probably not intelligent and operates purely on instinct (protect the Queen during development)

Queen-(seen in Aliens, Alien Res, AVP)
-Can produce hive resin from the vanes on her back to build her hive, but this is usually done by Drones.
-Forms eggsack in 10 hours, and can lay one Egg per hour afterward.
-Once she has at least 10 Drones to build the hive, she will direct Chestbursters to molt into Warriors
-Once the hive has been established, she will keep hive population at about 25% Drones, 75% Warriors
-is very intelligent and can direct the actions and tactics of other castes in the hive.

Warrior- (seen in Aliens, AVPR)
-A Ridge-headed "soldier" caste. Heavier and more armored than Drones. Defends the hive and captures hosts.
-Can produde hive resin from the vanes on it's back (though not nearly at the same rate as Drones, Warriors mainly use their resin to cocoon hosts rather than for hive construction)
-Will only appear in established hives under the direction of the Queen.
-Sterile (cannot lay Eggs like the Queen or turn hosts into Eggs like Drones).
-is probably not intelligent and operates purely on the direction of the Queen.

Predaliens (here's how I crammed Chet into my cannon)
When the Jockey race encountered the Yajuta, they were confronted with a situation they had never encountered before; a civilized race able to stand toe-to-toe with the Xenomorph in combat. The Yajuta slew so many of them that the Xenomorph eventually found thier way into the rites and passages of Yajuta culture. The Jockey race , in response, modified thier Xenomorph to take on special properties when infecting a Yajuta. The resulting Predalien more closely resembles it's host and has a more rapid reproduction method; the ability to regurgetate rapidly developing embryos into the mouth of a female Yajuta.  This makes the Predalien  most offensive in the eyes of the Yajuta as it is made to look like a Xenomorph-mockery of themselves that "rapes" their women. It also makes the Predalien very effective, as it is bigger, stronger and  develops and reprodces more rapidly than Xenomorph born from other hosts. Predaliens are reviled in Yajuta society and the greastest heros are brought to bare on them when they are detected. Predaliens are initially formed whenever a Predator is infected by a Facehugger.

Predalien Chestburster-(seen in AVP, AVPR)
-emerges in 4 hours
-Molts into  Predalien in 4 hours

Predalien-(seen in AVPR)
-Can produce hive resin from the vanes on it's back (same rate as Warrior)
-Can produce an embryo every hour, and can store up to 20 embryos inside itself.
-Can forcibly regurgetate these embryos into the mouth of a female host.
-Can regurgetate 1-3 embryos which will emerge as  Predalien Chestbursters (in a Yajuta host) in 3 hours
-Can infect female hosts of other species but the resulting Chestbursters will always molt into sterile Warriors.
-Appears to be able to implant more embryos into pregnant hosts.
-Assumed to have intelligence comparable to a Drone.

"The Newborn" -(seen in Alien Res)
-It's a genetic cross between humans and Xenomorph and as such is a mutant. It has no place in the Hive hierarchy or normal life cycle of the Xenomorph. Once you deal with the fact that it's not a Xenomorph, it's acctually a pretty cool monster in my opinion.
It's life cycle or reproductive methods will never be known because it was sucked screaming through a window into space.

What do ya think? Does it make sense?

predatorfandrc90

Nice theory's man but ithink the drone molts into the warrior sense in avp the queen was present when the drones were born.So it makes sense do'nt feel offened i'm giving you this info just trying to help.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Well, even though your theory is interesting, it fails on multiple occasions... For one, the Drone & Warrior thing doesn't cooperate with what we have seen in the movies at all. In fact, the so called Drones (smooth-heads) are the Aliens that more frequently torture and kill their victims rather than dragging them back to the hive to be used as hosts.

I think that the majority of us here agree on that the smooth-head/ridge-head thing has to do with age or the adaptability to the hive environment rather than caste / different breeds.

predatorfandrc90

I was talking about the age molt.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 02, 2009, 12:09:08 AM
I was talking about the age molt.

I wasn't replying to your post.

predatorfandrc90

I was debating wether you were,thank you for the confirmation.

chupacabras acheronsis

other than the Drone/warrior issue, i think its a pretty good view on xenos.

now, two errors:

jockeys are a really, REALLY, old civilisation. i can't picture them living along with preds. and dont use the word "yaut'ja" because comics/novels are not canon(wich i think is the purpose of your post).

and mind that chet was a young queen, [according to official sources] so the "faceRape" should be a reproduction method for any young queen(see: praetorians)

SM

SM

Your gestation times are out.

Gestation for Kane and Spike is in the 12-16 hour ballpark.  Aliens and Alien Resurrection don't give us much indication on gestation times.  AvP is f**ktarded.  AvP:Poo moreso.

As for turning a host into an egg, it doesn't take much more than 2-3 hours.

predatorfandrc90

Yah but they never made egg turning canon.

SM

SM

Who says?

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

It wasn't in the final release of alien, it's even in the deleted scene's gallery.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

It was in the directors cut.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Not the initial release.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Yet the directors cut is considered canon.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Okay it's canon anything else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed