interesting questions

Started by smokeykit, Jul 20, 2008, 08:21:34 PM

Author
interesting questions (Read 529 times)

smokeykit

smokeykit

(Off shoot from the Favorite Predator Poll/Thread for anyone who wants to see where these questions came from.)

8) *interested look* that raises the question, for me at least, that if you could have a hand in making a Predator movie, just how would you go about it? *has more questions that could go with this one, but will wait and see how you guys handle it otherwise before bringing them into the thread*

i think maybe starting a new thread with this post and question would be better than continuing it here so the poll/thread don't get filled up too much with "off" (ok, slightly off) topics.  :)

~~~
going off the above question here, consider adding in who would be your "Team" for making a Predator movie - include who you'd want to direct, the actors (if any that you'd like to see in the movie again and/or thing they'd be good in it), would you have it done through a movie studeo
or "fan" made (with the money roughly the same as if done through a big studio - keep it realizitic yet fun); etc. and would you yourself be in the movie - if so, would you be lead or backup, or a mix of both? (meaning sometimes your "Character" is the star, sometimes he/she is backing the other "star" character/s) and what would the script be like? how much detail would you put into the movie?

ok, going to leave it at that for now and gonna sit back and wait to see who all respond to this.  :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

If we are talking about a big studio production, and with a budget around 100 million dollar, then I have some ideas. I don't expect every fan around here to like them though.

Director: Guillermo del Toro, who made Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_del_Toro)

Score: John Murphy. He made the score to Sunshine. Here's a sample: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rWlXU2DeYkQ

Actors: Mark Wahlberg, Ali Larter, Danny Glover

Story: Set in Alaska, Ali Larter and some friends are hiking in the wild when they encounter a predator. One of them manages to send a message to the local sheriff (who would be Danny Glover, having retired from his old job in LA) before their means of communication is cut off. Glover, realizing what he's up against, understands that he is too old to take on another predator by himself, and therefore contacts the current group leader of Keyes old team from Predator 2. This guy is played by Mark Wahlberg. He arrives with his team and the hunt begins...

And the hikers will have a bigger part later in the movie, at least Ali Larter's character.

smokeykit

smokeykit

cool! and i was thinking that kind of money backing, just didn't want to put in any "price-tag" so this thread can be as open as possible for ideas.

i had an idea with Danny Glover too in another pred movie. not sure of who else or the exact story line, besides a csi/predator crossover idea i got going in another story. would be cool to mix up our "fan-fic" stories on Predator...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed