who can take more damage?

Started by marrerom, Jun 28, 2008, 10:00:23 PM

which creature can take the most damage and still live. ( i.e. who is the toughest)

Alien
11 (47.8%)
Predator
12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: Jul 08, 2008, 10:00:23 PM

Author
who can take more damage? (Read 14,002 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

ALIEN!

I would like to see a Predator survive a bath in hot lead, a plasma engine blast, the vacuum of space etc.

walterf

walterf

This is a tough call. There's different types of damage each have taken in films and sometimes I wonder. We've seen Aliens blow apart or die from damage to the midsection and then we saw the Pred in Pred 2 take several direct shotgun blasts to the midsection and survive ... I'm not quite sure an Alien could take several shotgun blasts to the midsection and live.

But the Dog Alien survived surrounded with molten lead and I don't think a Pred could survive that. I'm not sure. I will say if both were naked and Preds had no armor and Alien could take more, but in general battle w/ armor the Pred can take more than an Alien.

xxxPREDBUGxxx

xxxPREDBUGxxx

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 29, 2008, 11:34:15 PM
pffff, big wup. Predators can withstand getting knocked on the head with a big log, and getting stabbed with a disc and still send your ass crashing into a wall. ::)

Really?? Well remember on both of those times? Pred was within an inch of death and couldn't move
a muscle when crushed by log, and was killed by disc to the stomach. So he could'nt throw you into a wall if he was so injured or DEAD. I bet if an alien were to get crushed by a log, It would  still be at least able to move due to its body armor. And if Danny Glover stabbed the alien with the disc, It would probably kill the alien, but it would splatter acid all over him and kill Danny. And remember Alien 3? If the pred took as much white-hot lead to his entire body, all he would be is a shriveled up corpse. Unlike the alien who was still ready to kick some ass after it got lead dumped all over it. ALIENS CAN TAKE MORE.

xxxPREDBUGxxx

xxxPREDBUGxxx

Quote from: scarface on Jul 25, 2008, 03:56:01 AM

Aliens though are not weak, but have no strength compared to a Pred, and predator can inflict a shit-load more of damage.
[quote/]

like how an alien can tackle a predator so easily and 2 predators were slaughtered by an encounter with ONE alien. And how Just one predalien can kill an entire shipfull of predators. ANd you think aliens have no strength compared to the Predators?!?!?   >:( Dude, you have seen AVPR too much.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

To be honest it really depends on the situation in which both species are placed in. The Alien would probably get my vote just because it's immune to pain, can lose limbs (can probably regenerate them as well), and hell even lose half of its torso and still keep coming. For the Predator, pain to them is just common place, and dampened through all the rough and sever years of trying to come of age. If I had to best describe the Predator's society with another, I think their society resembles more closely to that of Sparta, but in the more simple since of how they go about their business in bring up their warriors. But as I said before it really depends on the situation, because the Alien has no chance against a heavily armed/armored Pred. As a audience, we only have tasted mere glimpses of what kind of weapons the Pred's use in terms of hunting sport, and one could only imagine what they pack when they're about to do war. A lot people talk about the scene in Alien 3, where it is emerged in hot lead, and is still able to survive, but those same people hardly talk about what they saw in Aliens. Even though the Marines got their assess kicked in that movie, they still managed to kill a good number of the Aliens with what little that had in man power, and supplies. But in Alien 3, the Alien itself was in an enviorment where it essentially wasn't threatened. I don't think any of the prisoners were going to kill it will spoons or forks, and besides you heard everyone ranting about, "lets wait until the military hardware gets here". Anyway in a general since, I would give my vote to the Alien.  

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: xxxPREDBUGxxx on Jun 18, 2009, 06:01:59 PM
like how an alien can tackle a predator so easily and 2 predators were slaughtered by an encounter with ONE alien. And how Just one predalien can kill an entire shipfull of predators. ANd you think aliens have no strength compared to the Predators?!?!?   >:( Dude, you have seen AVPR too much.

You're responding to a post made over a year ago, WTF.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 18, 2009, 06:39:26 PM
Quote from: xxxPREDBUGxxx on Jun 18, 2009, 06:01:59 PM

You're responding to a post made over a year ago, WTF.

So your telling me I sat here and typed all that shit for a year old thread...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What?

EEV2650

EEV2650

Doomrulz wasnt talking to you AegisEagleOak"Ā 

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: xxxPREDBUGxxx on Jun 18, 2009, 05:27:58 PM
pffff, big wup. Predators can withstand getting knocked on the head with a big log, and getting stabbed with a disc and still send your ass crashing into a wall. ::)

Really?? Well remember on both of those times? Pred was within an inch of death and couldn't move
a muscle when crushed by log, and was killed by disc to the stomach. So he could'nt throw you into a wall if he was so injured or DEAD. I bet if an alien were to get crushed by a log, It would  still be at least able to move due to its body armor. And if Danny Glover stabbed the alien with the disc, It would probably kill the alien, but it would splatter acid all over him and kill Danny. And remember Alien 3? If the pred took as much white-hot lead to his entire body, all he would be is a shriveled up corpse. Unlike the alien who was still ready to kick some ass after it got lead dumped all over it. ALIENS CAN TAKE MORE.

Wow, one year ago. Its not something to be getting all pissy over, relax. Take a chill pill dude.
And it was a joke incase you didn't read ahead.

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 29, 2008, 11:56:58 PM
Quote from: marrerom on Jun 29, 2008, 11:51:25 PM
pffff, big wup. Predators can withstand getting knocked on the head with a big log,

wow, someone didnt pay attention during the movie. the predator clearly couldnt withstand that log falling on it. that why it was dying....durrrr.

Quoteand getting stabbed with a disc and still send your ass crashing into a wall. ::)

::) and when did a predator ever live after getting stabbed by a disk? you dont know what you are talking about.

Jesus bro it was a freakin joke. ::)

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Quote from: EEV2650 on Jun 18, 2009, 07:25:09 PM
Doomrulz wasnt talking to you AegisEagleOakĀ†

Lol, I know I was just being sarcastic.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Its so much of a decision , I'd say Alien , why? Its skin is armor. Then again Predators is too ... I'd still say Alien for one reason only , The Aliens skin is like a knights armor , the Predators skin is tough , yes , but like lots of lairs of Linen , thick but not as tough. I'd say its fully even in who can get shot more. As a whole I'd say for damage taking abilities Alien scores 8/10 and Predator 7.8/10 , Predators can take more shots , but the aliens are built to take damage the predators are built to take stabs / missed shots.

Rebellion

Rebellion

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 28, 2008, 11:53:37 PM
Preds can take more damage, but Aliens can inflict more damage. ;)
Agreed  ;D

Sorvos

Sorvos

Well, if the Predators wouldn't have their kickass weapons and would fight with their bare hands, I think most of them wouldn't stand a chance against just one Alien drone or warrior. Not to mention Praetorians or Prealiens. The Queen is obviously out of discussion. :p

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed