What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,636,390 times)

HuDaFuK

First discovered that through G n' R's cover of it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Really digging 21 Pilots at the minute.

HuDaFuK

Found this Gary Moore/Glenn Hughes demo on YouTube, and I've now added it to the list of songs that I'm gutted never got finished and released.

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 02, 2017, 02:03:30 PM
First discovered that through G n' R's cover of it.

Discovered it through a Punisher script referencing it. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Anthrax - For All Kings
Metallica - Hardwired...to Self Destruct
NIN - Not the Actual Events
Bruce Springsteen - Essential Collection

HuDaFuK

Blue Rock by The Cross

Something most people outside of pretty serious Queen fans probably don't know is that as well as being the drummer for Queen, Roger Taylor actually formed and fronted an entirely different band in the late 80s/early 90s called The Cross (incidentally also featuring Spike Edney, the unofficial fifth member of Queen who used to handle keyboards and extra guitars for the band on tour).

The Cross put out three albums over the course of their career; if I'm honest, the first, Shove It, is kinda crap (with the notable exception of the original version of "Heaven for Everyone", featuring Freddie Mercury on vocals - it was these vocals track that were later used to turn the track into a Queen song on Made in Heaven). Their second effort, Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know is OK, but this, their third and final effort, is actually a cracking rock album. For years it was only available in Germany - Freddie's death supposedly had something to do with the release being cancelled everywhere else - but it's recently been put out in Roger's career-spanning boxset as well as on iTunes. Definitely the most Queen-sounding of Roger's solo records (no bad thing). Some great little rock songs on here, and well worth tracking down if you're a fan of Roger's more famous outfit.

FiorinaFury161

Might have to check that one out...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Looks like it's still on iTunes!

I was remembering yesterday what a superb series The Wire was, which in turn put me onto this, used over the closing montage at the end of season 1.

FiorinaFury161

Brothers In Rhythm remixes never disappoint...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6uUnqGf1jk

KiramidHead

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhTNoFOdsz8&t=58s&list=WL&index=16

more AOR Gold from the Melodic Cellar on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olmLAQq4gpk&list=WL&index=16

Greek Melodic Rock group whose sound owes a lot to Europe

FiorinaFury161

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 19, 2017, 05:12:34 PMGreek Melodic Rock group whose sound owes a lot to Europe

As does their hair :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 21, 2017, 08:33:26 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 19, 2017, 05:12:34 PMGreek Melodic Rock group whose sound owes a lot to Europe

As does their hair :laugh:

Guess its the real reason Europe split the first time. They had to wait for the hair to grow back lol

KiramidHead

Love or hate Rob Zombie, he selected one goddamn outstanding soundtrack for Devil's Rejects. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed