Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,066,415 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Beetlejuice
Oh man, man, man!! YES!! Love this film so much it's unreal. Glad I finally got it on Blu-Ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlGxcekfsho#

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Vickers on Jun 12, 2012, 06:19:50 AM
Sex and the City 2... well 15 minutes of it which was enough for me to know it was garbage.  Why did I even watch it?  I don't know.  I don't even like Sarah Jessica Parker and I'm not a Sex and the City fan. :-\

Someone must be using some sort of mind control!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Predator for its 25th anniversary! :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Any Which Way You Can (1980)

This is the sequel to Every Which Way but Loose, once again starring Clint Eastwood and Sandra Locke. This time, Philo is set to fight a champion hired by the mob, Jack Wilson (played by William Smith). Unfortunately, this wasn't nearly as good as the first one. Many of the jokes weren't that funny or fell flat. There's a lot more Clyde in this, which didn't work in its favor. On the plus side, the fight at the end was awesome, and Sandra Locke is both gorgeous to look at as well as a good singer.

5/10

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 12, 2012, 05:45:18 PM
Beetlejuice
Oh man, man, man!! YES!! Love this film so much it's unreal. Glad I finally got it on Blu-Ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlGxcekfsho#

Crazy ass movie.  :laugh:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Rise of The Planet of The Apes

8.5/10

Currently watching ALIENS.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Thor - 8/10
Captain America: The First Avenger - 7/10

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

ALIENS

10/10

Lion King 3D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Superman vs. The Elite (2012)

Superman comes into conflict with a new team of superpowered humans known as the Elite. While trying to create a better world and do good, this new team is very much willing to kill those they deem to be the bad guys, which of course goes against everything that Superman stands for. This movie raises some interesting questions and points, and I find myself agreeing with both sides in this. I very much understand Superman's desire to inspire people to be better, because no matter how powerful, one man or one team can't solve the world's problems. But at the same time, I also don't think it's right to sacrifice innocent lives in order to give a mass murdered chance after chance of redemption. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle ground when it comes to these things. One shouldn't kill as a first option, but sometimes it's necessary.

It's a great story, possibly one of DC's best. The animation and the voice acting is a bit so-so, but overall it's okay. I definitely recommend that you check it out.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Inception - 9/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Prometheus

And, here we go! After over two years of waiting, I was finally able to see the somewhat-prequel to one of my favorite movies of all time, Alien. Did it live up to my, expectations? Well, that's a tough question to answer, as I wasn't exactly expecting anything (well, except the couple spoilers I read, but that's besides the point). Right from the start, with the 2001: A Space Odyssey styled opening, I knew this movie was going to be a very different beast than the original Alien, but I was fine with that; Ridley clearly wanted to go in a new direction with this movie, and to be completely honest, I'm very glad that he did.

Right from the start, I loved the characters that we were introduced to. Shaw was an excellent lead (and I was very pleased that she was nothing like Ripley), and Halloway, while he was a prick, was no where near as bad as he was made out to be on the forums. David completely stole the show, and completely surprised me.
Spoiler
I expected him to be a much more sympathetic character, when he turned out to be the worst one of them all.
[close]
Other standouts from the cast include Vickers, Janek, and
Spoiler
Peter Weyland, who I expected to be dead after seeing the hologram.
[close]

Now, onto the story. I'll just get this out of the way first: I loved it. Was it perfect? No, of course not. Were there things I didn't like? Yes, a few. But all in all, I really loved the movie. I'll get my only real complaint out of the way first.
Spoiler
The birth scene, which is odd, because its also one of my favorite scenes in the film as well. I just felt that it didn't have proper build up or a good finish, and may have benefited from happening a bit later in the film. And why didn't the medics or whatever they were run after her more, or try to stop her from getting into the med tube thing?
Still, the birth itself is one of my favorite parts in the movie, and watching it with both eyes opened was one of the hardest things I've had to do at a theater. Very disturbing scene.

And when the full grown squid attacked the Engineer at the end, I felt that I finally got my pay off for the scene. I guess good things come to those who wait :)
[close]

I loved the whole look and feel to the film, and actually really appreciated the ambiguity and open-endedness of it. If they explained too much, I think it probably would have just come across as forced. They seemed to have found a healthy balance, and it worked in the end.

I feel like I'm rambling now, so there's just a few more things I want to say before I finish up this post.
Spoiler
I really wish they didn't plaster the crash scene all over the posters and trailers.

And as for the big ending spoiler, I knew going in I was getting a chestburster. I never expected that. Wow... :o
[close]

So yeah, I really, really loved the movie. While it wasn't perfect, it definitely does not deserve the amount of hate its been getting. I eagerly anticipate seeing it again, and I really hope we get a sequel. I loved it :)

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 13, 2012, 06:48:10 PM
Prometheus

And, here we go! After over two years of waiting, I was finally able to see the somewhat-prequel to one of my favorite movies of all time, Alien. Did it live up to my, expectations? Well, that's a tough question to answer, as I wasn't exactly expecting anything (well, except the couple spoilers I read, but that's besides the point). Right from the start, with the 2001: A Space Odyssey styled opening, I knew this movie was going to be a very different beast than the original Alien, but I was fine with that; Ridley clearly wanted to go in a new direction with this movie, and to be completely honest, I'm very glad that he did.

Right from the start, I loved the characters that we were introduced to. Shaw was an excellent lead (and I was very pleased that she was nothing like Ripley), and Halloway, while he was a prick, was no where near as bad as he was made out to be on the forums. David completely stole the show, and completely surprised me.
Spoiler
I expected him to be a much more sympathetic character, when he turned out to be the worst one of them all.
[close]
Other standouts from the cast include Vickers, Janek, and
Spoiler
Peter Weyland, who I expected to be dead after seeing the hologram.
[close]

Now, onto the story. I'll just get this out of the way first: I loved it. Was it perfect? No, of course not. Were there things I didn't like? Yes, a few. But all in all, I really loved the movie. I'll get my only real complaint out of the way first.
Spoiler
The birth scene, which is odd, because its also one of my favorite scenes in the film as well. I just felt that it didn't have proper build up or a good finish, and may have benefited from happening a bit later in the film. And why didn't the medics or whatever they were run after her more, or try to stop her from getting into the med tube thing?
Still, the birth itself is one of my favorite parts in the movie, and watching it with both eyes opened was one of the hardest things I've had to do at a theater. Very disturbing scene.

And when the full grown squid attacked the Engineer at the end, I felt that I finally got my pay off for the scene. I guess good things come to those who wait :)
[close]

I loved the whole look and feel to the film, and actually really appreciated the ambiguity and open-endedness of it. If they explained too much, I think it probably would have just come across as forced. They seemed to have found a healthy balance, and it worked in the end.

I feel like I'm rambling now, so there's just a few more things I want to say before I finish up this post.
Spoiler
I really wish they didn't plaster the crash scene all over the posters and trailers.

And as for the big ending spoiler, I knew going in I was getting a chestburster. I never expected that. Wow... :o
[close]

So yeah, I really, really loved the movie. While it wasn't perfect, it definitely does not deserve the amount of hate its been getting. I eagerly anticipate seeing it again, and I really hope we get a sequel. I loved it :)

I agree with everything you said. David was great.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm glad you liked it, Nightmare. And having given it some more thought, my favorite scenes from this would probably be...

Spoiler
The very beautiful opening.

And the Engineer starting up the ship and the chair rising from the floor. That seriously sent chills down my spine. ;D
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My favorite scenes were probably
Spoiler
Halloway's conversation with David, just before David "poisoned" his drink, and the surgery scene.

About the opening, what exactly was going on in that? I was under the impression that the Enginner was "seeding" Earth and preparing it for humans, but I wasn't sure.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed