Started by Champiionser, Mar 18, 2007, 09:57:29 PM

Wich one is a better movie?

AvP
149 (55.8%)
Alien Resurrection
118 (44.2%)

Total Members Voted: 232

Author
AvP vs Alien Resurrection (Read 20,545 times)

Newsfop

Newsfop

I can't compare cinematography. Both are absolutely amazing. I have to go by story and strength of cast. I really only liked Vriess and Johner in A:R, but then again I liked nobody in particular in AVP. I liked the restraint on gore used actually in AVP as opposed to the all-out splatterfest of A:R. Also, I think the creatures in A:R were complete abominations. They were potchy and sounded horrible, and not in a good way. The real selling factor for me was the music used in AVP. That was just the deciding factor in this case for me.

Predator82

Predator82

i think

Bad Stuff:

AvP

-Paul Anderson - yes
-Acting. - no
-Dialogue - maybe
-Predator Facial Designs - No Stan Winston. hell yeah
-Differing predator technology - Different thermal vision? - no absolutly not technology is nice and the vision are only another cause they hunt aliens, see avp game, there is the same vision to see aliens better
-Not enough Alien-Predator action. - right should more
-General story - Sending teenage predators to Antartica for a manhood ritual??? thats a cool thing
-PG13
-General story details - Teamup. - very bad but without lex the pred were headless hmmm.... maybe the others had kill the queen :)
-Lots of continuity errors with previous A/P films. - i say a couple things not lot

Alien Resurrection

-Acting - were cool
-Alien Designs - were awesome
-Bad Dialogue no and the humour makes it a movie for everyone
-Too much gore. - what? never see kill bill thats too much
-Newborn. - absolutly 100% .......
-Plot - Cloning Ripley. WTF? - were ok
-Ruins any potential A5 film if it's a sequel to this. - yeah but i think a4 should be the last one

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Predator82 on Mar 26, 2007, 11:26:32 AM
-Acting. - no

Are you sure?  :-\

Quote-Dialogue - maybe

Maybe?  :-\

Quote-Differing predator technology - Different thermal vision? - no absolutly not technology is nice and the vision are only another cause they hunt aliens, see avp game, there is the same vision to see aliens better

That's not thermal vision. I'm talking about the orange vision.

Quote-Lots of continuity errors with previous A/P films. - i say a couple things not lot

A couple?  ??? Way more than that.

QuoteAlien Resurrection

-Acting - were cool

Quote-Too much gore. - what? never see kill bill thats too much

Style of gore, I meant by that.

Extroheal

Extroheal

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 26, 2007, 11:46:06 AM
A couple?  ??? Way more than that.
There was the fact that the aliens grew faster and...that's all I can think of.

Predator82

Predator82

-Acting. - no

Are you sure?  ok the preds maybe not but many humans are fatass or thin why not the same at preds  good, the ones from p1p2 were better

-Dialogue - maybe

Maybe?  maybe because this movie had many languages, in german is this not so bad
well .... only my taste?

-Differing predator technology - Different thermal vision? - no absolutly not technology is nice and the vision are only another cause they hunt aliens, see avp game, there is the same vision to see aliens better

That's not thermal vision. I'm talking about the orange vision. i´m too

-Lots of continuity errors with previous A/P films. - i say a couple things not lot

A couple?   Way more than that. say 5 - 10 to me

Alien Resurrection

-Acting - were cool

... !!!

-Too much gore. - what? never see kill bill thats too much

Style of gore, I meant by that. ok

Yautja

Yautja

Even though Alien Ressurection is the worst of the Alien movies, its still better than AvP by a longshot.

War Wager

War Wager

In my opinion Alien Resurrection was defienetly not the worst Alien movie, Alien3 was the worst for me...

Yautja

Yautja

Quote from: >>Predalien Warrior<< on Mar 27, 2007, 01:56:24 PM
In my opinion Alien Resurrection was defienetly not the worst Alien movie, Alien3 was the worst for me...

I think Alien 3 deserves more credit than people give it. It has a dark, gothic feel to it with a good atmosphere and a good score. The film could have been so much worse considering all the trouble it went through in pre-production. The only large faults I can give Alien 3 are the scences with the bad Alien cgi.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Yautja on Mar 27, 2007, 02:21:11 PM

I think Alien 3 deserves more credit than people give it. It has a dark, gothic feel to it with a good atmosphere and a good score. The film could have been so much worse considering all the trouble it went through in pre-production. The only large faults I can give Alien 3 are the scences with the bad Alien cgi.

That was NOT cgi. It was a rod puppet Alien via a "green-screen".

Yautja

Yautja

Quote from: Meathead320 on Mar 27, 2007, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Yautja on Mar 27, 2007, 02:21:11 PM

That was NOT cgi. It was a rod puppet Alien via a "green-screen".

Yes, but there were also scenes in the film with bad CGI like this one.

SM

SM

Look up the difference between 'compositing' and 'Compter Generated Imagery'.

The only CG shot in Alien3 is the head cracking at the end.

The above shot it no CG.

Darkness

Darkness

Funny thing, I used to criticise Alien 3 because of its shoddy CGI work. Like the shot Yautja posted, it looks like really bad CGI. I think it was a few years back when somebody (possibly Sil) told me that the only CGI shot was the head cracking bit at the end.

There's also some in the SE when the alien runs off just after it's come out of the host.

SM

SM

It doesn't look the slightest bit like bad CGI.  It looks exactly like crappy composiiting work.  The dark line around it is a dead giveaway.  Been battling with that same thing myself on a long-in-post Star Wars fan film.

Mind you in that shot it was on screen for all of half a second...

As for the SE - yes the ox-burster was in part CG.  But it was also created over 10 years later.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Although the compositing was poor, what I really hated was how inconsistent the design of the 'guy-in-suit' was with the effects alien. Tom Woodruff's suit was pretty much a standard alien costume with some small changes, but then you see these effects shots of an alien the size of a large dog or something.

SM

SM

Not really.  Look at the shots when the Alien takes Kevin's body when when Morse shuts it in the lead mould.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed