Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 953,340 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished off Uncharted 4 tonight. It was pretty great on the whole, even if I think it dragged on a bit too much near the end, and that sword fight, while awesome, was a bit bullshit in how they just threw in a new mechanic like that.

Spoiler
Pleasantly surprised that nobody died, and the story, while basically being retcon city, was very well done. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that there wasn't a supernatural element this time around, and no, exploding mummies don't count. :laugh:
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2017, 04:20:03 AM
Spoiler
I'm a tiny bit disappointed that there wasn't a supernatural element this time around, and no, exploding mummies don't count. :laugh:
[close]

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed by that. Still easily the second best game in the series though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 21, 2017, 08:02:34 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2017, 04:20:03 AM
Spoiler
I'm a tiny bit disappointed that there wasn't a supernatural element this time around, and no, exploding mummies don't count. :laugh:
[close]

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed by that. Still easily the second best game in the series though.

Yeah, I'd rank it 2-4-1-3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I can never decide if the first or third is my least favourite. The first is undoubtedly the weakest gameplay-wise, but the story and characters are pretty solid (and I love the twist where the villain's right-hand man turns out to be the only one who really understands the true value of the idol :laugh:). The story in the third really annoyed me without how forced and needlessly convoluted it was, to the point where it almost killed the game for me. There was so many huge diversions that added nothing to the plot and were only there to get in the set pieces they'd thought up.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

With the reveal of the new Wolfenstein game coming, I've decided to actually play Old Blood and New Order.
(had 'em forever and never played 'em)

Excellent so far. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

New Order was excellent. Old Blood was strangely underwhelming. I think it was just too similar.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 22, 2017, 08:18:28 AM
I can never decide if the first or third is my least favourite. The first is undoubtedly the weakest gameplay-wise, but the story and characters are pretty solid (and I love the twist where the villain's right-hand man turns out to be the only one who really understands the true value of the idol :laugh:). The story in the third really annoyed me without how forced and needlessly convoluted it was, to the point where it almost killed the game for me. There was so many huge diversions that added nothing to the plot and were only there to get in the set pieces they'd thought up.

The third also had some gameplay moments that annoyed me, like running from the wall of water with the camera fixed so you can't see where you're going, the sandstorm fight at the end, and the endless string of giant goons you have to melee in the latter half.

Sabby

Sabby

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes on PS3. As someone who finds Musou games to be coma inducing, this is a f**king blast, and it's running at 60 frames! Even the sequel does, somehow. The voice work is also pretty phenomenal.

I wish I could link the english versions opening cinematic, but Japan are still c**ts about Youtube.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam
Spoiler
/10
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wolfenstein 3D

Nazis. I hate these guys.

Also still playing the hell out of Friday the 13th on the PS4. There's a certain joy to be found in stomping a dude's head into the ground.

Huntsman

Huntsman

I bought Far Cry 4 second hand. It's not bad so far.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Good game. More of the same from the third, but fun nonetheless.

At least they didn't make the egregious error of killing off by the most memorable villain character halfway through this time.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished Episode 2 of Wolfenstein 3D just now. Fun stuff.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm almost done with the final episode of Wolfenstein 3D, and I'm mostly having fun... but my god, Floor 7 was the most drawn out, painful level so far. It's all tight corridors, filled with enemies who can seriously f**k you up if they get the drop on you. It somehow managed to be worse than the constant hidey holes in Floor 1, or the endless confusing swastikas shaped rooms and corridors in some of the others.

Sabby

Sabby

Beyond Good and Evil HD. This prequel they announced just seems... misguided. I don't want some massive space opera about how racism looks with animals, I want Jade and Pey'J finishing their story. It's been 14 years. Why do this at all? Could have just made F-Bomb The Chimps Sick Space Adventure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed