New Predalien Picture

Started by Darkoo, Oct 26, 2007, 06:24:00 AM

Author
New Predalien Picture (Read 54,594 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here are the high-res versions of this:

And a brand new one

Darkness should be putting them online on the site soon.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

This is the only image I don't like. The others hide the bad parts of the design much better. I could hark on about the addition of dreadlocks all I like but I think that at the end of the day the main problem is that there is way too much going on in the design. Too many colours. Too many bits that stick out. It does look like an alien has made a really bad fancy dress costume of the predator.

I think in the shots of it fighting the predator and the side shot of it in the hospital are alright though.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Oct 26, 2007, 02:13:30 PM
PROS:

It's bigger than the predator but doesn't actually look too bulky.  ALL aliens should be bigger than predators.

The mouth actually has lips that look like they can curl back.

Translucent Dome.

Dreadlocks don't actually look as bad as I thought they would.

CONS:

The Mandibles don't look 'natural'.

Predator musculature and skin tones - NO.

Jesus Christ what the HELL is going on with that tail.

"The new creature can just regurgitate in its victim's mouths" -  WHAT THE f**k IS THIS

You forgot the hands. :)

Seriously. Like I said on my first impressions, if ADI actually had the money and time to design this in a completely new way, why did they keep those hands? Surely the studio could not have cared less about what they did with the hands? They don't look like they would be able to close around and pick anything up.

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Oct 26, 2007, 02:13:30 PM
PROS:

It's bigger than the predator but doesn't actually look too bulky.  ALL aliens should be bigger than predators.

The mouth actually has lips that look like they can curl back.

Translucent Dome.

Dreadlocks don't actually look as bad as I thought they would.

CONS:

The Mandibles don't look 'natural'.

Predator musculature and skin tones - NO.

Jesus Christ what the HELL is going on with that tail.

"The new creature can just regurgitate in its victim's mouths" -  WHAT THE f**k IS THIS

Please back up (with facts) your statement "All Aliens should be bigger than Predators".

Thanks.

pete

pete

The extra new one looks cool, love the saliva in the mouth - Very aliens

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2007, 02:17:36 PM

[images]

Wow! Great job Hicks, thanks! Where'd you get the hi-res pics, especially the new one with Chet opening his/her mandibles?

zombie_sidekick

zombie_sidekick

Hmm, maybe I'm too old to get excited and bitch about every new Predalien photo, but actually I like Chet's design. I wonder how it's gonna look in the movie. You know, with proper lighting and some filters used.

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

[Images]

Actually better than I anticipated. I think the main problem, and I hope someone agrees with me, is that the lighting in the hospital pictures is TOO BRIGHT. Imagine how scary that would look in dim light or almost-total darkness. Plus it would hide most of the unfortunate features of the design. So hopefully the finished scene is lit or shot differently.

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Also, it is just me or do I see some blue specs on the new pic?  ???

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuotePlease back up (with facts) your statement "All Aliens should be bigger than Predators".

As far as movies are concerned aliens are described as being "8ft tall".  However technically a lot of stunt suits etc. were only around 6ft tall and the aliens do spend a lot of time crouched or hunched.  The predators we have seen so far have all been around 7ft tall.

OK so "ALL" aliens should be bigger is a stupid generalisation but so far as a rule of thumb, the aliens we see in the movies are taller than the predators.  I'm avoiding bringing comics into the issue on the basis that in some cases they have shown predators to grow to ridiculous sizes.  I'm sure I read a Batman/Predator crossover where a predator looks like he'd have to be at least 12+ft tall and weigh a solid ton.

EDIT: 

BTW ppl can we please stop quoting all the pictures and then barely writing a paragraph of your own opinions?  It's more than a little irritating having to scroll endlessly past the same pictures just to read "I AGREE" or "I THINK IT LOOKS KEWL".

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I think they look cool. :)

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Oct 26, 2007, 02:33:01 PM

[Images]

Actually better than I anticipated. I think the main problem, and I hope someone agrees with me, is that the lighting in the hospital pictures is TOO BRIGHT. Imagine how scary that would look in dim light or almost-total darkness. Plus it would hide most of the unfortunate features of the design. So hopefully the finished scene is lit or shot differently.

I bet in the film it will look a helluva lot better.

KARHAN

KARHAN

its good...its GOOODD :P

but serieusly it looks pretty badass, but it could have been better. :-\

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Oct 26, 2007, 02:33:56 PM
QuotePlease back up (with facts) your statement "All Aliens should be bigger than Predators".

As far as movies are concerned aliens are described as being "8ft tall".  However technically a lot of stunt suits etc. were only around 6ft tall and the aliens do spend a lot of time crouched or hunched.  The predators we have seen so far have all been around 7ft tall.

OK so "ALL" aliens should be bigger is a stupid generalisation but so far as a rule of thumb, the aliens we see in the movies are taller than the predators.  I'm avoiding bringing comics into the issue on the basis that in some cases they have shown predators to grow to ridiculous sizes.  I'm sure I read a Batman/Predator crossover where a predator looks like he'd have to be at least 12+ft tall and weigh a solid ton.

EDIT: 

BTW ppl can we please stop quoting all the pictures and then barely writing a paragraph of your own opinions?  It's more than a little irritating having to scroll endlessly past the same pictures just to read "I AGREE" or "I THINK IT LOOKS KEWL".

I still maintain that the Predator towered over Arnold a larger degree than the Alien towered over Lambert. It's most obvious in the "man-in-suit" shot of it standing up in front of her; versus Arnold facing off against the Predator at the end. Arnold is listed at 6'2" and Lambert a good bit shorter than that. The math doesn't work for me. I think both creatures should be depicted at 7 - 7.5 feet.

Stalker

Stalker

That new shot is pushing the boundaries a little far, the mandibles are flailing out in all different directions, just doesn't look quite right to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed