I LOVE PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT

Started by predator2rules, Jan 01, 2018, 03:23:28 AM

Author
I LOVE PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT (Read 3,399 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 03, 2018, 11:24:26 PM
It's obviously a little silly that they all stayed,

Not really.  It would be more silly if they survived, and it became the Chance and Ravel show.  Two characters who barely had a minute of screentime.  The movie is not about them.  They chose to die on the Prometheus.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 03, 2018, 11:24:26 PM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 03, 2018, 04:10:13 PM
I do love a good sci-fi nerd debate.

This would be just good old science debate. The fictional is how it's used in the film proper.  :)
What's this!? I didn't even rate one of your signature dictionary copy and paste quotes!? Boy, do I feel second class.

Oh wait, that's Scorpio's trademark.......... never mind.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jan 03, 2018, 12:57:27 PM
True, but an override does take place, without much effort, if I may add, meaning there's nothing to stop a similar situation on an older ship with an inferior A.I.

True but it has to happen and needs 2 officers.

Also, just a fun little aside but according to Carl Braga -

QuoteThere was even a big chunk of storyline where Tennessee has to convince Upworth to do a manual override of mother to descend from 80 to 40km. After much tension and dialog they go to the front of the cockpit on either side (so no one person can do it) and key in their command override codes into an incredible ATM like set piece with a kepyad I designed and mechanical levers. All jettisoned and it now just cuts to Tennessee descending in the Cargo Lifter.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2018, 09:30:16 AM
True but it has to happen and needs 2 officers.
The scene from Prometheus had 3, and again, I don't see why that's a problem since the auto pilot needs to be programmed anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed