Alien xenomorph
Aliens xenomorph
Alien 3 xenomorph
Alien resurrection xenomorph
Prometheus Deacon
Queen Alien
Alien: Covenant
Author
What is your favorite xenomorph design? (Read 8,858 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Big Chap for me, but i have a soft spot for the runner alien too

OpenMaw

BC get's the love from me too, but I also wish we had gotten to see Giger's Alien 3 concept given life.

bobby brown

My favourite is Alien isolation take on Big chap. Just perfection. I also have a current thing for the covenant design (The CGI render one)

PredBabe

PredBabe

May have to go with Alien 3's design being my favorite. Love the concept of it running on all fours from dog/ox genes. But Alien and Alien Covenant follow closely behind, especially looking at those pics, bobby brown.

farsightblogger

It's the original dude for me all the way, as it just worked both visually and emotionally, this twisted creation of a creature that gestated in a man, literally Kane's son. Filming limitations and costume restrictions may have forced some of the shots to be consumed in shadow and darkness, but even when you see the full costume it's still really impressive; I just couldn't imagine it looking good if they filmed a shot of, say, Bolaji running down a corridor chasing after Weaver. That'd be classic 1950s B-movie material and they may as well have had them chasing a painted beachball.

I also liked the Isolation merging of the original and later designs, same head and chest, different from the waist down. It made sense for the game, the way it twisted out of vents and such. Could you imagine if they had stuck with the full design of the original creature when you could see it full-body walking around? It would have looked ridiculous so they not only made the right decision in design it was right for the game, too.

Apollo

Big Chap from Alien. The original and best.

Gash

Isolation one is a beautiful rendition of Giger's design, but it falls short from the knees down. They really didn't need to do that.

bobby brown

bobby brown

::)

Here are some other sweet ones for you fellow isolation lovers.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Gash on Jan 24, 2018, 07:08:58 PM
Isolation one is a beautiful rendition of Giger's design, but it falls short from the knees down. They really didn't need to do that.

I agree.

Scorpio

Quote from: bobby brown on Jan 19, 2018, 12:42:22 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/5e/a2/c85ea2fc92777b0bd43951c23d928737.jpg

I like both designs, but those weird frog legs on the Isolation xenomorph brings it down a notch for me.  The Covenant protomorph design is better.

Corporal Hicks

Personally I love the digigrade legs. It gives it an added layer of "not quite human" that I think works really well. I still remember being shown the tech video of that thing just doing relentless speeds and the grace in which it was moving around at those speeds.

Mr. Clemens

I was so against those digitigrade legs at first, but I've since accepted they were necessary for the game. A 7-foot alien with the original, human-style legs would have looked silly ducking through doorways, for example.

Anyway, I voted for this guy:

SiL

It would've looked fine - if they hadn't made the head larger and threatened to make it look like a bobble head if you stuck normal legs on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed