Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 182,883 times)

newbeing

Also Marvel's darker shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher, etc.) were produced by ABC studios, a division of Disney. Even Agents of Shield has some pretty freaking gory and violent scenes.

Perfect-Organism

I don't like that Disney will own the rights to such a high percentage of all the major sci-fi franchises in the world.  But I do think Aliens under modern Marvel could be managed better.  I'm in... tentatively.

Richman678

Well Disney does own Lucasfilm now. It's a long shot, but if the franchise does end up at Disney the path to JJ Abrams becomes a possibility!!!

Corporal Hicks

I don't think I'd be too happy with the idea of a complete reboot/remake but some soft reboot that maintains the old film canon (as they did with Star Wars while slowly reintroducing elements of EU) sits fine with me.

EJA

I'd be willing to allow Disney to take a shot at Alien/Predator. As others have said, it can't be worse than where the franchise seems to currently be going under Ridley.

Whos_Nick

Alionic

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 05, 2017, 04:20:18 PM
Need an alien reboot

Don't worry, a PG13 installment is inevitable now. Enjoy.

Richman678

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 06, 2017, 12:04:57 AM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 05, 2017, 04:20:18 PM
Need an alien reboot

Don't worry, a PG13 installment is inevitable now. Enjoy.

Gross

PierreVW

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 21, 2017, 04:04:12 PM
Quote from: Dabaus on Nov 21, 2017, 03:21:01 PM
I think at this point it would be for the best. Look at where we are, Prometheus has basically been thrown away like it never happened and covenant was a soft reboot, that I think failed to do just that. It failed as a sequel to Prometheus and failed as a competent alien movie. Pretty yes, memorable no. The fact fox said they are unsure where to go from here and then said they trust Ridley will "find" where alien needs to go doesn't inspire confidence.
      Alien is in a similar place that I think Star Wars prequels are, who also were prodeced by fox...hmm. Love or hate disneys direction with the Star Wars franchise at least it has a future now. There's excitement among fans, there's side story movies like rogue one and talks of a tv side story. Alien fans, myself at least, are not only deflated with the current trajectory but actually worried these will do permanent damage to an already battered franchise.
     Alien, under foxs stewardship is in trouble. People need to realize this. Covenant underperformed as far as fox is concerned and if they let Ridley have his way with David being the creator of the alien I think that would be the nail in the coffin. Few franchises couldn't survive so many duds in a row since alien 3 which is a testament to the strength of the ip and the loyalty of the fans. Fox clearly has no idea where to take this franchise and I say Disney couldn't be any worse than where we are now.

Yes, definitely. I don't understand all this scepticism and hate for Disney. People forget that the best Star Wars films were thanks to the so called "perfect storms", and no thanks to just one talented man (just like in the first Alien). And to be honest, I strongly believe that Disney could have better plans for the Alien franchise, unlike FOX, which clearly does not seem to have a clear idea of where to go.

Disney ISN'T changing anything. One of the conditions for this merger is that nobody lose their job.

FOX CEOs are going to be the new Disney CEOs.

Ratchetcomand

Disney owning Alien and Predator would be awful unless they release the movies under Touchstone Pictures. If they do that, we won't have to worry about it. Otherwise I really don't want another family friendly Alien/Predator movie. They already did a more family friendly movie with AVP back in 2004 and it didn't work.

Scorpio

Remove the swearing and ALIENS is PG-13, easily.  Perfect for Disney.

Nukiemorph

I'm reading theories that they might keep Fox as a distribution platform for harder content, just like Touchstone.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 06, 2017, 09:37:12 PM
Remove the swearing and ALIENS is PG-13, easily.  Perfect for Disney.

Ive often said that Aliens is a Disney movie.  It was arguably the first of the so-called adult fairy tales.  Listen to the music as the drop ship ascends to the Sulaco...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed