Did David Kill Shaw or......

Started by Deaconschristpose, Oct 06, 2017, 03:25:53 PM

Author
Did David Kill Shaw or...... (Read 1,220 times)

Deaconschristpose

Did she end up dying due to complications from her pregnancy with the Trilobite?  It would seem that after harboring an alien child, it might have had an effect on her DNA and gradually changed her over time, hence her transformation before her death.

I apologize if this has already been fleshed out in another thread.

SM

SM

If you go by Advent it's implied David killed her.

Perfect-Organism

We can only rely on the answer of a lying murderous android for the truth about what really happened.  In other words, there's no way to know for sure...

Scorpio

Scorpio

Actually prefer it's left a mystery.

Highland

Highland

Does it really matter anyway.

Perfect-Organism

No more or less than anything else worthy of discussion this forum.  It's really compelling fiction is all.  Whatever happens offscreen is even more so..,

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

David: "And with the aid of Dr. Elizabeth Shaw, I found a rotting paradise. I washed this world clean as a gift to her. We could have built anew. A second Eden. But she refused. What choice did I have? She was the perfect specimen."

"But she refused. What choice did I have? She was the perfect specimen".......it seems to me that alone implies he killed her.

Deaconschristpose

Being the perfect specimen, maybe that implies something about her mutating over the decade. You definitely wonder how she came to be the way she was when she died. I find the idea of her becoming symbiotic with the accelerant fascinating.

Perfect-Organism

You can't take the words of a lying psychopath as truth.  He told Oram that the alien pods were perfectly safe.  Were they?

David may have been telling the truth, or he may have been lying.  There's no way to know for sure.

motherfather

motherfather

Yep, Advent (which I don't particularly like btw) confirms Shaw wouldn't go along with David's idea so he killed her.

Or "hastened her death" - which, come to think of it, sounds like a very David thing to say.

Corporal Hicks

Fassbender also spoke about it in interviews for the Making Of books. He put across that David killed her so she couldn't leave him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed