Alien 3.. Has it aged well?

Started by Inverse Effect, Aug 25, 2017, 02:01:49 AM

Author
Alien 3.. Has it aged well? (Read 14,158 times)

SiL

SiL

The one you see in the release version is CG.

Scorpio

Scorpio

According to who?

SiL

SiL

The people who made it.

It's a puppet up until it runs away. The running shot was CG.

Scorpio

Scorpio

What company did the CG?

SM

SM

Encore.

EJA

EJA

The movie is fine to me :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 17, 2017, 04:04:53 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2017, 11:33:41 AM

Ironically, the CGI shot of the newborn Runner they finished up for the Special Edition looks quite dated now.

That's not CGI, it's a rod puppet.

HuDa is talking about the Assembly Cut, with the Ox birth, in which case the newborn Alien running away was CGI done especially for the new cut.

Is it mentioned in the features at all, I can't remember?

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: EJA on Sep 17, 2017, 04:54:44 PM
The movie is fine to me :)
I find if people don't have a problem with Newt and Hicks being killed, and the concept of an egg being on board....they usually accept the movie. Thankfully I don't have a problem with either of those things. It's a good conclusion to Ripley's story.

MaximusGrandimus

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 30, 2017, 01:17:37 PM
duh... I was talking about the quality of picture, not props/SFX etc lol. Still, Aliens looks a bit meh. Even on the BR version. Somehow Aliens never got that 'wow' factor that the BR versions of Alien and eg the Thing had.

Might just be that film-stock Cameron used or something. Shame it can't be restored, I would love to see Aliens in full glory without that fcking grain. Even worse watching it in a cinema.

This is, seriously, the first time I have ever seen someone complaining about the graininess of an older movie. Usually it's the other way around, that it was scrubbed too much and the grain removed, an offense I often dislike seeing in Blu-Rays.

SiL

SiL

Cameron was complaining about the graininess since they made the film. That particular film stock did not handle the low light too well and it's noticeably grainy even for an 80s film.

Hemi

Hemi

So yeah, me and James Cameron then... Though James spotted it sooner probably. :P

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

I certain think it has. I recently rewatched it and I think it's better than I remember. Its my least favorite of the original 3 movies because of the dark subject matter. I originally disliked it because and Hicks and Newt died but that was when I was around 10 or so. Rewatching as an adult, I see it with new eyes and can really appreciate the film for what it is. Minus the poor CGI I've really grown to like the film.

Alien³

Alien³

Thats awesome dude!

P-Rock

P-Rock

Not really, no. The acting is great and there's some fantastic cinematopgraphy in it, but even with the addition of the Assembly Cut it's still a jumbled up mess. The AC fleshes things out but at the same time makes it quite dull and hard to sit through at times. It's still my least favorite Alien movie.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What does the Assembly Cut flesh out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed